JWC Bass Horn

justinsweber

Yes.  I will be swapping to the eminence is time. I want the effiecncy. 104db sounds awesome. 

The cheap woofers simply hammered. I haven't heard bass like that since Dave's yields. The difference is that the punch kit gives me the horn loaded sound I love so much. 

I wonder if if it would be considered a dipole. As it's ported as horn loaded ?

• Like 1

Thx for the props....u still aren't fast enough to rob my graveyard.  Ive taken to the dump...cornscalas....minipunch...straight axis dual 12 exponential. ...1st snails...223 tractrix.....wacorn....herescala. .....  bathorn.....   Gave away jamboree to somebody else.  Gave away dbbs to somebody else.

u slow man ;)

But....u got some goodies though....Jube-like clones.....dual 12 tractrix straight horns..... corner snails.   Lots of bass.

He should share those dual 12 tractrix straight horns.[emoji12]

I am really looking forward to this kit.

On 10/22/2016 at 8:32 AM, jwc said:

Thx for the props....u still aren't fast enough to rob my graveyard.  Ive taken to the dump...cornscalas....minipunch...straight axis dual 12 exponential. ...1st snails...223 tractrix.....wacorn....herescala. .....  bathorn.....   Gave away jamboree to somebody else.  Gave away dbbs to somebody else.

u slow man ;)

I got some goodies. I'm out of room but we just finished our exterior house remodel. This means I start on my ultimate music room in the attic. Then I'll have room for big stuff 8-) Maybe put some 18's in the snails and use them as horn loaded bass for the dual 12 tratrix horns... The madness continues....

Thanks JC!

• Like 1

On 10/22/2016 at 9:12 AM, The Dude said:

He should share those dual 12 tractrix straight horns.emoji12.png

They are AWESOME. I ran them with a passive line level crossover with no sub 80(no sure)-600hz for the tractrix and k403 from 600-18k.. No eq required. I love it. So simple so good.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, jwc said:

Dave has this CNC thing down.  The kits are fantastic.  A novice can put this together. 

I have a few steps left and the horn(s) part will be done and will conclude the "kit part of the build".   Then I will publish a little video.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:12 AM, The Dude said:

He should share those dual 12 tractrix straight horns.emoji12.png

I was fortune to listen to those dual 12" tractrix horns.  Made me a believer in straight horns.  In your face IMPACT. 

tc

• Like 1

HB, just a comment about the T-nuts;  If you ever have an issue with a woofer mounting screw binding, you can always run a tap through the t-nut to clean up the threads. A t-handle and a tap won't set you back much at all.

• Like 1

So if this cabinet is built as a sealed version, it has a little less bass response than the Belle with a single 15" but, done as a rear ported, it extends down to 40Hz.  Correct?  Are those 4" diameter ports that are used?   Were they tried as front firing versus rear?  I remember the KLF-30's (rear ported) sounded like crap on low end in my living room whereas the front firing ports on my CF-3's shine. It was night and day difference between the two so the KLF's were sold off.  My seating position is right at 12 feet away in my living room.