New to me Klipsch Heresy II and Marantz

dm465531

I recently got a set of Klipsch Heresy II from a fellow forum member avguytx and I got to set them up in my office today.  I am using a Google Chromecast to send music from my computer to the amp, which is a Marantz SR-18EX I had in storage, and I love how these sound.  There is plenty of bass for me on the songs that need it and they do not feel like they are lacking at all.  I am waiting for me Rega P3 to get back from the shop so I can spin some Sabbath but that might be awhile.  The first song I listened to was "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and the speakers really sang.  I ordered the titanium tweeters from Crites as well as the risers so maybe I can put them on later this week.  Thanks again goes out to avguytx for the awesome packaging job on the speakers and also for selling them.  I love them and could not be happier.

I also recently acquired a Sanusi 4000 receiver so I might see if that changes how these sound or not.

Sorry for the crappy picture but I just had my Windows phone, what a piece of crap.  I am still waiting on some of my furniture to show up so I can properly get everything set up.

WP_20160906_13_31_20_Rich.jpg

On 9/6/2016 at 2:40 PM, dm465531 said:

I recently got a set of Klipsch Heresy II from a fellow forum member avguytx and I got to set them up in my office today. 

Congrats on the Heresy II's.

I am using a Google Chromecast to send music from my computer to the amp, which is a Marantz SR-18EX I had in storage, and I love how these sound.

I too just got a Chromecast Audio for my Yamaha rig and it works great.  I am only using it with my phone right now but will try with my PC sometime this weekend.  I bet that older flagship beast Marantz AVR sounds pretty good.  I have a 2004 NAD T773 flagship AVR driving my Heresys in a spare bedroom and I have no reason to change that setup.

There is plenty of bass for me on the songs that need it and they do not feel like they are lacking at all.

I feel the same way about my Heresys and Heresy II's.  With yours on the floor the bass is reinforced so if you do decide to raise them up you will lose a little bit.

Bill