A separate section for all things vinyl maybe?

teknoid

Between records, turntables, cleaning methods, preamps, and the like it seems to me that a separate section dedicated to vinyl might be justified.

The moderators here saw fit to create separate sections for tube amplification and SS amplification why not a section for vinyl discussions?

For what it's worth I do own a turntable and a few records that I listen to on occasion. I would welcome a dedicated vinyl area.

• Moderators

2 Channel has always been a welcome home to discuss vinyl and reel to reel.

I understand the thinking about a subsection,  but there is a downside to getting too many subcategories. 

One is that there are thousands of posts on vinyl already in 2 Channel and there is some advantage to having it all in one place.  Second, in two channel if will be seen by more people, making the chance for more responses and interest.

Vinyl and turntables have always been a major part of 2 Channel, but like everything else it ebbs and flows.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, onemoretime said:

A subforum would be welcome here, IMHO. I find the search function on these boards often fails to find content I know is there, sorry to say.

I'm getting better at it, it is a much more robust search function, but there is a learning curve to it.

If you give me an idea what you are looking for I will see what I can come up with and let you know how I did it.

Feel free to post anything you were curious about searching for as a new post.

Travis

3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

One is that there are thousands of posts on vinyl already in 2 Channel and there is some advantage to having it all in one place.  Second, in two channel if will be seen by more people, making the chance for more responses and interest.

Vinyl and turntables have always been a major part of 2 Channel, but like everything else it ebbs and flows.

If you have subforums, you forget where you put or saw the other interesting posts, and it becomes impossible to manage where things went to.  I second your above reasons as well. 

On 9/11/2016 at 5:38 PM, LarryC said:

If you have subforums, you forget where you put or saw the other interesting posts, and it becomes impossible to manage where things went to.  I second your above reasons as well. 

I'd happily settle for better searches. If I could search and find old threads consistently, you could throw it all into one pot for all I care.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/12/2016 at 8:44 PM, onemoretime said:

I'd happily settle for better searches. If I could search and find old threads consistently, you could throw it all into one pot for all I care.

I'm interested in hearing about failed searches on the forums since the last upgrade. Please provide a use case and I can investigate.

• Like 1