ATTN: 2 New Moderators added

Chad

• Moderators
4 hours ago, mustang guy said:

Chief: I would have assumed Roy was a moderator by virtue of his position at Klipsch. 

DWI: I have a question for counsel. Is moderation a violation of our First Amendment rights?

Roy is a moderator at the request of the Moderating Team. After discussing several choices, we were all in agreement on the two new moderators. 

Edited by dtel's wife
Spelling

4 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

Roy is a moderator at the request of the Modetating Team. After discussing several choices, we were all in agreement on the two new moderators. 

I'd have to google that word if the title wasnt so blatantly clear! Welcome to the jungle fellas. But at least our jungle is a little safer now. BUT, there is 1 question all new mods must answer............................... If you melt dry ice, can you swim in it without getting wet? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, mustang guy said:

Chief: I would have assumed Roy was a moderator by virtue of his position at Klipsch. 

DWI: I have a question for counsel. Is moderation a violation of our First Amendment rights?

By definition no, the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to private forums.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Roy and Travis

I appreciate the time and effort  you both are willing to give to the forum.

miketn 

When they told me the bad news I said you would be the perfect moderator,  you actually already have been for years.  

Frankly, anything I might do right as a moderator is because of the fine example you have made over the years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mxr dad said:

If you melt dry ice, can you swim in it without getting wet?

"It" what?  In this case, the "it" appears to refer back to the dry ice but "melt" is a verb and "dry ice" the direct object.  Logically, it's absurd to discuss swimming in dry ice as it is a solid, and the accurate term for its "melting" is sublimation.  The product of sublimation of dry ice is carbon dioxide.  Attempting to swim in carbon dioxide will result in frustration and asphyxiation.  Not recommended.

So, no, you won't get wet.

Dave

• Like 3

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, mxr dad said:

I'd have to google that word if the title wasnt so blatantly clear! Welcome to the jungle fellas. But at least our jungle is a little safer now. BUT, there is 1 question all new mods must answer............................... If you melt dry ice, can you swim in it without getting wet? 

No, it sublimes directly into a gas.

• Like 2

I was under the impression that THAD was a moderator - what happened , did he quit , was he forced out , my wife and kids , our whole family cried when we heard the news - we all wish you guys can give him a second  chance -

anyone second my motion - please come back -

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mallette said:

Michael requested to step down and the request was honored.  I think very highly of him as well, and respect his decision.

Dave

This made me blush.

Not that it matters, but since someone asked..

My job, the care and feeding of my wife who came home full time to be the house manager and focus on our girls, and the inherent demands of raising a 2yr and 4yr old definitely have ramped up over the last year and I don't have consistent time available to be an effective moderator.

Then there's my charming personality, uncanny ability to stir the pot, the controversial rise to power, and preferred style of heavy handed moderating. It made me a lightning rod of critique and frustration that was of no service to the moderating team as a whole, conflicted with my aforementioned life priorities, and eventually made me want to come around here less and less. I thought about blowing off the Pilgrimage entirely, but Carl coaxed me along.

It was a good shot in the arm and I've slowly reintegrated myself into the forum, gotten a few warning points, and once again feel comfortable being the snarky ******* I was meant to be, without it reflecting poorly on the moderating team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

We didn't spend nearly enough time chatting. Next time, for sure.

Well, if you two guys hadn't spent so much time criticizing my music selection, and having me run back and forth switching amps and speaker pairs, you might have had more time to chat.....:emotion-19: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Then there's my charming personality, uncanny ability to stir the pot, the controversial rise to power, and preferred style of heavy handed moderating. It made me a lightning rod of critique and frustration that was of no service to the moderating team as a whole, conflicted with my aforementioned life priorities, and eventually made me want to come around here less and less. I thought about blowing off the Pilgrimage entirely, but Carl coaxed me along.

OK, Michael.  I just provided the executive summary. :huh:

Dave

• Like 2

• Chad unfeatured this topic