SW-350 has no sound after volume surge.

Maepis

Hello everyone. Before I delve into my problem, please note that I am new to this forum and only discovered it after scouring google for an answer. I have done several searches and haven't found what I need so if you know where my answer is already posted please let me know. Now onto the meat of the subject. 

I don't know how much of what kind of information you need but here it is. I have the SW-350 sub paired with 2 R-28F floor speakers powered by a Pioneer Elite VSX-45 receiver. I recently discovered Airplay and decided to connect to the receiver with my iPhone via this method. Here is where the trouble came in. There was apparently a massive amount of lag because I tried to turn the volume up on my phone and nothing happened. I moved the volume slider up and down a few times on my phone with no results. Suddenly out of nowhere it went full volume and scared the crap out of my wife and me. I scrambled to turn it down and pause the music but it took a few seconds. After this the sub hasn't made a sound. There is absolutely nothing. Not even the tiniest inkling of sub movement but it is powered on. I have plugged the sub cable into both ports on the receiver and the sub itself with no change. With that said, would you gurus of the sub world know if I simply blew an internal fuse somewhere or if this sudden surge fried the amp? Either way, is there a way to repair it or am I SOL until I can afford a new sub?