Suggested center in HT with Khorn mains

cinemaprof

I've been using a Heresy II as a center speaker in an HT setup for several years and have begun to wonder it this might not be improved on. Dialogue seems to be noticeably weak and sometimes overwhelmed by the M&E tracks.  I am using Volti-upgraded Khorns for R-L channels.  A Belle would really look great, but may not be the best choice.  CW?  Other?  What are you Khorn folks using?

Belle or La Scala is my recommendation. It was PWK's recommendation, too.  If you've got a little more cash in hand, I recommend a tri-amped JuBelle.

I'd tri-amp all three, however, if I spent any time in my Khorn-Belle room listening to them (unfortunately, it gathers dust). 

I don't recommend any direct radiating woofer in the center: modulation distortion and group delay of that will spoil the sound of the Khorns, I've found. 

For maximizing speech intelligibility, I've found that nothing can touch a full-range K-402-MEP (not even a Jubilee). It beats everything in that department.  It was a real surprise how much different it is in that regard.  If you can afford it, a Danley Synergy Horn--such as a SH-50, SH-60, or SH-96--would likely have the same performance.

Chris

lascala between 2 k-horns is without question the best . tried them all from a academy  -  heresy  - vertical cornwall  - belle

used a belle for a while it was great. heresys don't do much

as Bill said above - get this belle it would be awesome if your k-horns are oak

Thanks for the input, guys.  The oak Belle looks very nice but my Khorns are walnut and it's a bit far from here (WI) in any case.  The LaScala suggestion is worth pursuing, I think.  A Belle would have the TV screen sitting on it rather elevated and it would look silly on its side!  

• 1 month later...