Looking for new mouse

wvu80

My old mouse doesn't work so well anymore.  The left-button is very difficult to click-n-drag and it doesn't "select" very well without pressing down hard.  I am getting some carpal tunnel pain due to this  It seems to be well reviewed on Amazon.  I really see myself as needing only a very basic mouse, I don't do gaming.  I just want something about the same price as the old one, something that will be smooth and comfortable. 

I don't mind taking the old one apart for cleaning, but if I break something I am out of luck until I can lay in a new one.

Suggestions?

When I first bought it 5 years ago it was about $20.  Here is the old mouse, now about $40:

https://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Xornet-Optical-Switches/dp/B00VJRO3XI/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1473645207&sr=1-2&keywords=xornet

71O+zvxj0HL._SL1500_.jpg

I've been using two of these Microsoft 4500s.  One for occasional laptop use and the other for our desktop.  Never had a problem on either one for about six years.  So simple they might not have the ergonomic lines you're looking for.  Definitely affordable, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Comfort-Mouse-4500-Business/dp/B005058B4W

I'm using a SHARKK wireless for quite awhile now and it has been a good one.

My Logitech wireless wasn't nearly as comfortable nor did it last as long.

Now, KEYBOARDS - that's something I have a very hard time finding one that I like.

There's is just so much utter TRASH out there. Can't even begin to say how many I've gone thru.

A former co-worker used a Sharkk verticle, due to carpel tunnel issues. It drove me nuts, but he said it only took him about five minutes to get used to it.

I like trackballs, too, but not the ones where your thumb controls the ball, meaning some of the Logitechs are ok for me and some not so much.

The large trackpad for Apple products is really nice. I just wish they would sell them with Windows drivers... The lower left and right corners also act as left/right clicks (there are switches in the little feet). Works really well. The Apple Magic Mouse works well, too, but when they break, you're out $70. You know it will be just out of warranty.

Bruce