HELP NEEDED

FWIW.  I have the photos on a CD someplace and could send them to the museum. They would not allow a camera into the plant but these are from the Klipsch residence.

Larry C will like to know more, I'll guess.  He's a shutterbug too?

At the time I was very much into available light photography.  So I was probably using some 3200 ASA film, the Nikon F3, and either the normal 55 mm lens or the wonderful 102 mm.  One advantage of the 102 is that the photographer can be far away from the subject and thus not being intrusive can get a candid shot  ("Get your freeking camera out of my face.") -- credit my dad on this.

This all requires a lot of juggling of fast film and fast lenses and depth of field.  I didn't use a blue filter with incandescent lighting because that costs a stop or two and can be adjusted later.  In retrospect, I'm surprised at the depth of field and lack of blur (I'll break my arm patting myself on the back.  Smile.)

Paul has a watch on his left hand but I recall he had one on high right hand too, probably adjusted to Zulu.  His tie has something to do with his church.

Best, 

WMcD

• Moderators
23 hours ago, WMcD said:

FWIW.  I have the photos on a CD someplace and could send them to the museum. They would not allow a camera into the plant but these are from the Klipsch residence.

At the time I was very much into available light photography.  So I was probably using some 3200 ASA film, the Nikon F3, and either the normal 55 mm lens or the wonderful 102 mm.  One advantage of the 102 is that the photographer can be far away from the subject and thus not being intrusive can get a candid shot  ("Get your freeking camera out of my face.") -- credit my dad on this.

This all requires a lot of juggling of fast film and fast lenses and depth of field.  I didn't use a blue filter with incandescent lighting because that costs a stop or two and can be adjusted later.  In retrospect, I'm surprised at the depth of field and lack of blur (I'll break my arm patting myself on the back.  Smile.)

Paul has a watch on his left hand but I recall he had one on high right hand too, probably adjusted to Zulu.  His tie has something to do with his church.

Best, 

WMcD

Gil:

When Christy returns on Monday she will be contacting about sending the  information on where to send.

If possible I think we will want to discuss with you by phone, or other means, what you remember about who was in the photos, etc.  We will also review with Roy and anyone else there to see what other pieces to the puzzle we might be able to add.

Travis

8 hours ago, LarryC said:

Thanks, Gil, but I don't need any more info on this.  BTW, I haven't used my F3 (ancient film camera, top of the line at the time) for many years now.

Larry

FWIW.  I have the photos on a CD someplace and could send them to the museum.

At the time I was very much into available light photography.  So I was probably using some 3200 ASA film, the Nikon F3, and either the normal 55 mm lens or the wonderful 102 mm.  

This all requires a lot of juggling of fast film and fast lenses and depth of field.  I didn't use a blue filter with incandescent lighting because that costs a stop or two and can be adjusted later.

Best, 

WMcD

Larry, 

Perhaps I didn't say things properly.  There was no other information regarding the photos beyond what I said.  I did recall you had an F3 and thought you might like the info.

Now I have a nice digital camera and an FM radio -- but they are attached to my cell phone.

WMcD

I will not be able to add any names.  Except that our black friend in the newspaper photo might have been named William James.

It might have been Tony who sent out invitations to the invited forum members and maybe he can provide a list.

The non-forum people were Paul and Valerie's friends.  PWK had a good relation with his pastor in Shreveport at an Episcopal church.  Father Bill was on the forum years ago and might be able to provide info.  I don't know if he is in the photos.

WMcD

Pictures containing PWK are always solicited!  The Archive's collection stands at just over 700.  Let's push it over a thousand!

I would be more than happy to scan at high resolution any prints that are sent in (and happily returned).

If digital and they constitute a bandwidth problem, I might be talked into sending out a memory stick or two.  Otherwise, please forward to jim.hunter@klipsch.com, at least until the end of this year.

9 hours ago, JRH said:

Pictures containing PWK are always solicited!  The Archive's collection stands at just over 700.  Let's push it over a thousand!

I have a few of PWK, but not many...it seems that if a camera was brought out, he generally tended to attempt avoiding it!..quite successfully, I might add!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The museum did not want things shipped previously.  They were setting up some protocol. 

Are things in place now?  Id like to ship the paperweight and some photographs.

You can message me if you like. 

WMcD