SOLD! Price Reduced: La Scala Industrial $1000 Atlanta

audiodogster

I have a pair of Industrial La Scala for sale. I bought these in an auction without knowing what they were and now I want to sell them. I decided the industrial finish is not what I want in my living room and while I do have the space, something smaller would be better. These have the K-43 woofer versus the K-33 woofer. It has a bigger magnet and can take more power, these will take 200 watts versus the 100 watts of the vanilla La Scala. They also have the AL-3 crossovers so they are new enough not to probably not need to be rebuilt yet and iirc were the last version of the La Scala series I crossover. The cabinets are in overall good shape, some scratching to the finish but that's to be expected with speakers designed to be moved around from venue to venue. These La Scalas are bone stock, no modifications. I have cleaned these since I took the pictures, they were covered in a coating of dust, spiderwebs, and nicotine. They tested fine, no blown drivers or audible differences between the two. 

For those unaware, these have an SPL of 105dB at 1 watt so you don't really need much to get them to an uncomfortably loud listening level. If you want to use these for their intended purpose of PA speakers, you'll have plenty or headroom on volume.

I am asking $1000 but I am open to offers. I am also interested in trades: any high end speakers (I like Martin Logan and Monitor Audio), amps, preamps, turntables, whatever you got. Just shoot me an offer. I've had a few people ask, I can ship these provided you set up and pay the freight company, these cannot ship Greyhound or normal carriers. I have found it wouldn't cost more than $250 to ship to Baltimore so let me know and I can find the best rate for shipping to your city. I can provide more pictures if needed. 

0kt6ydn.jpgMCoaOPm.jpgFVVbV9y.jpgDj8ilFX.jpg

EDIT: For trades I would certainly be interested in other, smaller (than La Scala) Klipsch speakers 

EDIT: For trades I don't need Klipsch anymore unless they're surround channels

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Mark is is already getting sloppy seconds.. They where driven hard and put away wet...

Smelled like an ashtray...and what ever was spilled on them...

But anyways a fair trade would be a nice pair....... 

Cornwall's

Dirtmudd, do I understand correctly from your post that you actually saw this pair in person?

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

No I have not seen them in person.. But by admission they smelled of cigarette smoke...

And they are Lsi made for taking a beating...with hi power amps.. And a finish to do the same..

So if you think they where cared for like a baby.. Then buy them your self...

In less you like your children in smoked filled rooms with music at all out levels..

Give the man your $1800 obo...

But all you have to do is read all of audiodogster threads and you will be informed

With what was claimed $400 was a steal.. 

I will let people audition these speakers. People on this forum probably know what LSi are and that they were designed to safely take more power than the stock La Scala when needed. I even included that in the description. If someone looks at them and hears them and is not happy with them, so be it, they don't have to make an offer. I'd appreciate it if you would abide by the forum rules and stop thread-crapping. If someone is interested in these, I will answer any and all questions that they have to the best of my ability. I have disclosed more information about these speakers than necessary for a sale in this thread and my other thread. For now, let me represent my product instead of you making assumptions.

Anyway, here are the old picture uploaded to photobucket:

2016-08-27%2018.37.11_zpscpwhic0e.jpg

2016-08-28%2002.55.15_zpsldkruvye.jpg2016-08-28%2002.55.41_zpsgugawvdg.jpg2016-08-28%2002.55.57_zpssb7ozvz7.jpg

Here's a slideshow of more pictures I just took: 

http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/oldskoolfan2/slideshow/La Scala

• Like 1

Buy or don't buy. A lot of uncalled for mud-slinging on this post. 

These fine speakers sure don't look road-weary to me. If they had been in a smoky bar the pebble finish would show signs of being washed off but instead looks nearly shiny new. I seriously doubt if they have been even played hard or abused in any way based on their physical appearance in the photo shown here. I absolutely do not see how anyone could draw the negative conclusions posted on this thread. 

• Like 3

I want people to understand my pricing. Being new to Klipsch and relatively new to audio in general, I don't know much about values. I have set mine based on what I have seen online, although it's really not the easiest thing to judge. These are in relatively good shape and seem to be more desirable than regular La Scala so I've set my asking price accordingly but it's not set in stone. If someone is interested in these, they can offer me a trade or cash for what they think it's worth, cause at the end of the day, they're worth what people will pay. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, audiodogster said:

I want people to understand my pricing

IMO You don't owe anybody an explanation, although I appreciate your sentiment.  There is significant segment on this board that looks down on people flipping Klipsch gear.  There is also a segment who would take the position that this is America and you are welcome to ask for whatever the market will bear. 

You might double your money on the LS's and that may give you the capital to purchase a nicer amp, or even a newer Klipsch speaker.  Speaking for myself, it is not my right to judge how anyone else spends their money, even if it is from flipping audio gear.

It is the official position of Klipsch, Inc that posters NOT comment on pricing in a negative way of items listed by forum members.  If it is a third party sale like Craigs List by a non-member, then Katy bar the door, opinions will come flying!  Most of them very helpful, btw.

If you would like to know the relative value, feel free to ask posters to send you a Private Message.  Others have done that and found it helpful because it helps you find a realistic value for your gear.

Pricing speakers is an inexact art, and of course they will eventually sell for what a willing seller and a willing buyer agree on.

GLWYS

• Like 7

Poop, dropped my IPad, what I was trying to say is you were one lucky man to have paid what you did, by any means they are in a class of their own, I'd hold on to them like a heart patient to a pacemaker. I hope you get a fair price, but think about keeping them, I had an eargasim when I got my Heresy's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angryvet73 said:

Poop, dropped my IPad, what I was trying to say is you were one lucky man to have paid what you did, by any means they are in a class of their own, I'd hold on to them like a heart patient to a pacemaker. I hope you get a fair price, but think about keeping them, I had an eargasim when I got my Heresy's.

Yep.  If there is one thing we can all agree on, is that we like to find a deal!  :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your ipad has informed us you are using Tapatalk.  I don't use it but when the latest forum software upgrade was implemented a couple of months ago one of the features is that Tapatalk is no longer needed.  You might want to check into that or ask other former TT users how the forum performs without it.  Just a thought.