WTB: RF-83 or KLF-30 or CF-4

mattSER

50 minutes ago, Coleman said:

No I'm not selling you back the RB75's!!! They just keep impressing me. I swear their on steroids. :o

Image result for klipsch RB 75

I tried to attach a photo of syringe/steroids and the "No No" filter blocked it.  Probably a good thing.

They are.;):D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W27 said:

I've got a mint pair of RF-83's stored away along with a ton of other speakers. I was planning on buying another house with a large basement for my audio room. Unfortunately that doesn't look like it's happening any time soon. I've been debating selling off some stuff. The problem is I live in NY and don't have the original boxes. 

Yes. That is definitely a problem for 100lb speakers. I drove to Brooklyn last year for thanksgiving. Thinking about going again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Weber said:

Do you want to hear the bass or feel the bass? Is this for 2 channel or HT? 

I've had the RF63. They are impressive for what they are. I agree with others who say that they are the best 3 way sounding 2 way speakers. 

2-channel only, no sub

I want bass as close to 30hz(or lower) as possible and HUGE dynamics.

I just want gigantic speakers.

The RF-83s are the tallest and are specd down to 29hz, and the KLF-30 and CF-4 are both giant blocks of sonic doom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattSER said:

Yes. That is definitely a problem for 100lb speakers. I drove to Brooklyn last year for thanksgiving. Thinking about going again.

Im right over the bridge in Staten Island if you're still interested then. I haven't listed them for sale anywhere. I like buying speakers, not selling lol

4 hours ago, mattSER said:

2-channel only, no sub

I want bass as close to 30hz(or lower) as possible and HUGE dynamics.

I just want gigantic speakers.

The RF-83s are the tallest and are specd down to 29hz, and the KLF-30 and CF-4 are both giant blocks of sonic doom.

What size room will you have them in? 

You know that the KLF has the glue problem, which can be fixed and the CF had the no replacement parts problem. There's a large difference in the area of woofer between the three 8" or two 12" woofers.

21 hours ago, mattSER said:

And does anybody know if the KLF-20s actually do have deeper reaching bass than the KLF-30s? Is it noticeable? Are the 30's still superior?

I've had both in the same room at the exact same time.  (KLF-10's too)   They sound very similar, but the KLF 30's do sound bigger with more weight in the bass.  Both play about the same in terms of frequency response.  Some feel the 20's have "quicker" bass response.  I would go for either if you can find them locally.  Test all KLF's with some frequency sweeps and you'll hear the rattle of the cabinets if they have loose panels.       

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Weber said:

What size room will you have them in? 

You know that the KLF has the glue problem, which can be fixed and the CF had the no replacement parts problem. There's a large difference in the area of woofer between the three 8" or two 12" woofers.

1 hour ago, Fleawatt said:

I've had both in the same room at the exact same time.  (KLF-10's too)   They sound very similar, but the KLF 30's do sound bigger with more weight in the bass.  Both play about the same in terms of frequency response.  Some feel the 20's have "quicker" bass response.  I would go for either if you can find them locally.  Test all KLF's with some frequency sweeps and you'll hear the rattle of the cabinets if they have loose panels.       

I think the RF-83's will definitely fit the bill. 100db/w, 29hz, taller and deeper than the others(more cabinet volume) and I like the aluminum woofers.

I'd prefer the KLF-30s over the CF-4s by a small margin, but I guess it's just a matter of whatever comes up first. I don't think I'd be happy with CF-3s, and I'm kinda iffy about going from P17s to KLF-20s too.

Probably just continue my hunt for one of the three flagships.

1 hour ago, mattSER said:

Okay, some KLF-30s popped up in the Denver area. Priced a little high, but look to be in very good condition. Going to see them this afternoon!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/5788227544.html

good luck let me know what you want for them p-17's. maybe i will just buy a set and then sell my cornwalls 

On 9/17/2016 at 0:46 AM, W27 said:

I've got a mint pair of RF-83's stored away along with a ton of other speakers. I was planning on buying another house with a large basement for my audio room. Unfortunately that doesn't look like it's happening any time soon. I've been debating selling off some stuff. The problem is I live in NY and don't have the original boxes. 

Are these still something your considering selling? I go to NY periodically to visit family...Curious if they were for sale finish color and price. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JeffKKlipsch said:

Are these still something your considering selling? I go to NY periodically to visit family...Curious if they were for sale finish color and price. 

The RF-83's are black. I would consider selling. Price would be $1,000. Depending on your location I do travel around the Tristate quite often. 

If we want big sound we get big speakers. That includes driver and cabinet size. I like subs as good as the next guy, but bigger is just better to me at least.  I have owned many Klipsch, they struggle with powerful bass, imo.

• Like 1