70th Anniversary Limited Edition La Scala and Cornwalls (COMING SOON)

Chad

• Administrators

We are proud to announce the upcoming release of the 70th Anniversary Limited-edition La Scala and Cornwall speakers!

In celebration of Klipsch’s 70th anniversary, exclusive limited-edition La Scala® & Cornwall ® speakers are being manufactured in exotic Australian Walnut wood veneer. Australian Walnut (also known as Queensland Walnut) is grown in the coastal tablelands of North Queensland, Australia. The species varies in color, but is usually a pale-golden hue highly contrasted with darker streaks of chocolate brown, grey, black or even pink. Australian Walnut grain is moderately close and even, and sometimes wavy, resulting in a wide variety of figure effects.

Only 70 pairs of each model will be made. MSRP: $14,000/pr (La Scala) & $6,000/pr (Cornwall)

We will present more information here very soon. These are set to begin shipping in October. Stay tuned for more information!

70th cornwall and la scala -- forum.jpg

70th Anniversary Cornwall-6--forum.jpg

70th-LaScala-Life--forum.jpg

• Like 6

I wish Klipsch would use this big-change opportunity to enlarge the mid horn and drop the lower Xover point from 800 to 600 and get the bigger, broader sound of the older Cornwalls!  The Heresy treble of the current models (at least as I last heard them) just isn't worthy of the larger, more expensive cabinet IMO.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:36 AM, LarryC said:

I wish Klipsch would use this big-change opportunity to enlarge the mid horn and drop the lower Xover point from 800 to 600 and get the bigger, broader sound of the older Cornwalls!  The Heresy treble of the current models (at least as I last heard them) just isn't worthy of the larger, more expensive cabinet IMO.

I'd even say to go bigger than the CW or CWII's 601 horn. Granted it wouldn't pay homage to the originals but I do think it would sound better with something like a FastTrac horn at 600Hz. It would still fit in the same cab if they move the woofer back down to the bottom above the ports.

Like Schu says, if it's changed too much it's not even Klipsch any more.  Some of these DIY adventures are liked by some individuals who hear or own them, but I haven't liked at least one that I heard.  So, I intuitively like what PWK designed, like the K-600 -- it really worked and has been very popular with many fans and has stood the test of time.  Dunno if everyone would say the same for the FastTrac.  My 2 cents' worth and vote is for the K-601.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Klipsch Employees
On 9/16/2016 at 11:36 PM, LarryC said:

dude its not just a matter of crossover point.  

• Klipsch Employees
On 9/19/2016 at 1:32 PM, Mighty Favog said:

I'd even say to go bigger than the CW or CWII's 601 horn. Granted it wouldn't pay homage to the originals but I do think it would sound better with something like a FastTrac horn at 600Hz. It would still fit in the same cab if they move the woofer back down to the bottom above the ports.

fastrac....that is so many steps backwards.  we dont tinker around horns....we design real horns...if you like fastrac horns then go there...not here.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

dude its not just a matter of crossover point.  

OK, my plea was to go back to what made the Corn's I and II so attractive long-term.  If it's more than just the Xover point, so be it.  But, the last time I heard them (several years ago), the C III had the lesser Heresy treble, not the larger-speaker breadth of the C I and II.  That has to hurt sales and reputation over time, it seems to me.  JMHO.

On 10/4/2016 at 9:50 PM, Chief bonehead said:

fastrac....that is so many steps backwards.  we dont tinker around horns....we design real horns...if you like fastrac horns then go there...not here.

Yeah, the lack of coloration and reduced distortion sounds terrible.

• Like 2

Man.......... $14k??? Almost double the LaScala II price????

I was so excited for this release, and Klipsch comes with that price? Disappointed to say the least. They are gorgeous, nonetheless. But $7000 a piece?? No way

• Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic