70th Anniversary Limited Edition La Scala and Cornwalls (COMING SOON)

Chad

2 hours ago, gimes said:

Man.......... $14k??? Almost double the LaScala II price????

I was so excited for this release, and Klipsch comes with that price? Disappointed to say the least. They are gorgeous, nonetheless. But $7000 a piece?? No way

Not liking the price....Definitely not liking the Australian Walnut...I do like the Cornwall's in California Black Walnut....But these I'll pass on.....

Are trees that rare in Australia?

G.E.M.

On 10/9/2016 at 6:46 PM, oldred said:

Are trees that rare in Australia?

Australian Walnut is fairly common in Australia.  Additional shipping and handling costs to get it to the US make up much of the cost difference compared to domestic sourced American Walnut. If you are in the market for La Scala II, Klipsch has a deal for you. $14,000 from the 'Land Down Under' or $8,000 from the 'Land of the Red, White, and Blue'.  (Same speaker as for as I know.)

G.E.M.

Why is the LaScala markup even bigger than the KHorn one??

I'm still just blown away by this $14k price tag. Good Lord...

There are still 70th KHorns unsold on the site, wouldn't that indicate that the price is set a little high? Only 70 sets and not sold out...

Damn, this price is such a disappointment. Heresy's were marked up the least and they sold out almost immediately...

On 10/9/2016 at 5:15 PM, gimes said:

Man.......... $14k??? Almost double the LaScala II price????

I was so excited for this release, and Klipsch comes with that price? Disappointed to say the least. They are gorgeous, nonetheless. But $7000 a piece?? No way

You have to pay a premium for "PRETTY"

12 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

From what I understand, making any of them pretty (whether it be Heritage vs. Pro or whatever) is a nice chunk of the production cost anyway.

That would be hard to believe. A company's fixed cost of production is plant, overhead, and labor. The Anniversary speakers are made in the same plant, with the same overhead and labor.  Cost of materials may be more, we don't know.  If so, they could actually offset the added material cost by applying a marginal cost factor to the limited product. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mighty Favog said:

Chad, after reading your link, the page describes the CWIII70 as having "folded horn technology". Are the ports for the woofer considered a "folded horn"??

I'm guessing they copied and pasted wrong like last time. When they announced the 70th klipschorns, I believe they were labeled small speakers. This was copied from the heresy's.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

Chad, after reading your link, the page describes the CWIII70 as having "folded horn technology". Are the ports for the woofer considered a "folded horn"??

Yeah, that was a copy/paste mistake. I'll have our copy editor properly flogged.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:48 PM, Chad said:

In case you aren't on our email mailing list (why aren't you?) - here's the product page for the 70th Anniversary Cornwall: http://www.klipsch.com/products/cornwall-iii-70th-anniversary-edition

Visited the link, thanks. Looks like only a veneer change.

What about the LaScala, there's not mention on the website about the 70th anniversary La Scala shown in your original post.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Visited the link, thanks. Looks like only a veneer change.

What about the LaScala, there's not mention on the website about the 70th anniversary La Scala shown in your original post.

Not released yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Chad unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Chad unpinned this topic