Too small room for rc-64ii?

JWB2

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had a HT room similar to my dimensions 18x12x10ft, dedicated HT room.  I really loved the sound of the rc64ii and rf7ii that i heard at my friends house.  However his room was much larger than mine.  Would these be too powerful for my room dimensions?  I have an anthem mrx 1120 avr.  I sit about 10 feet from the center channel.  (I eventually want to have an all Klipsch 7.2.4 atoms set up with some in ceiling speakers for the .4. But Im starting with the center and fronts first.)  Any advice from more experienced audiophiles would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JWB2 said:

I was wondering if anyone had a HT room similar to my dimensions 18x12x10ft, dedicated HT room.

Mine is very close.... 13' x 19' with 10' ceilings.

2 hours ago, JWB2 said:

I really loved the sound of the rc64ii and rf7ii that i heard at my friends house.  However his room was much larger than mine.  Would these be too powerful for my room dimensions?

Absolutely not.  I ran RF-83 with RC-64 for years before upgrading to the LaScala Trio.  You can see photos and videos of my setup in my signature.

2 hours ago, JWB2 said:

I eventually want to have an all Klipsch 7.2.4 atoms set up with some in ceiling speakers for the .4. But Im starting with the center and fronts first.)  Any advice from more experienced audiophiles would be much appreciated.

Starting with a strong front sound stage is a great idea.  You can always add speakers as funds become available.  Not sure I've heard of an atoms setup.  I guess technology is changing too rapidly for me to keep up with the latest format.  :P:lol:

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the advice!

Oops, I meant to type "atmos" setup instead of atoms in reference to a dolby atmos setup.   :D My bad Youthman!

What does everyone think a reference premium setup (RP 450c, RP 280F) vs. the RC 64ii and the RF7 ii?  I will try to listen to them next at my local Frys.  

1 hour ago, JWB2 said:

What does everyone think a reference premium setup (RP 450c, RP 280F) vs. the RC 64ii and the RF7 ii?  I will try to listen to them next at my local Frys.  

The RF-7ii is still the best.  At low volume it's surprisingly hard to tell apart but the compression driver in the 7's really shines comparatively once you turn it up.  Distortion / harshness is significantly lower.  

I'm doing a projector (maybe a jvc rs500?) with a 135" screen. 

I'm going to slowly add the pieces as I get the $, but I'd like to keep my speaker budget to $10k. 

I live in Cedar Park TX (suburb of Austin). Excited to get on the Klipsch bandwagon. Thanks for the feedback!

Im going to hang a fixed screen mounted directly on the wall.  I have a table that will sit below the screen for the center channel.

Im going to Frys on Friday to listen to the RP 450c to see how it compares to the Rc 64ii to my ears.  Very exciting