Listing question from newb

kse

Hi all, I have a question for the community.... Up until recently I bought/sold/looked for most of my pre-loved gear on the Emotiva forum.  Well, a few days ago they decided to pull down their classified page.  I have used Audiogon and of course eBay as well.

A few members over there suggested the Klipsch Garage Sale.  They said it's good group and that some nice gear revolves through here.  My question is, would I be allowed to post ads with limited time as a member and no post count?  I currently have a few items I'd like to sell, but wanted to ask before I list anything.  

About my selling history; I have been a member of the Emotiva Lounge since 2010 with a 100% positive rating for transactions.  I have also been an Audiogon member since 2010, with 100% feedback rating and an

eBay member since 2001 with 100% feedback.  

About me personally, I like both HT and 2ch audio.  I currently have systems with gear from Marantz, Sherbourn, Emotiva, Oppo and Teac, and speakers from Def Tech, Boston and Sonance.  Sorry no Klipsch, yet. ;)

Let me know.  Happy to be aboard.  

Cheers,

-kse

• Like 1

Sure, we just won't trust you for a bit. :P

There's no minimum post count required to list stuff in this section (obviously, since you're posting here). Show plenty of pics, share where you're located, and don't turn it into a bidding war. See if there's any cross-pollinating friends of yours that might be a bit more established that can vouch for you. The biggest thing - stick around and participate in non-FS related threads and show us that we're not just a spot for you to come when you want to move gear.

I saw the threads/posts you're referring to over there - it's a real shame they decided to just shut down that section. Welcome to the real audio forum!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kse said:

Thanks fellas.  I'm in CT.  Due to 2MB photo max, I am going to list items separately. 

Best to upload to something like Flickr then just post links to photos. Then you can put as many as you want. Cause the 2mb is dumb. As well as I think you can only put like 50 photos total. Some people on here have a thousand photos or more. Like Youthman. 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

Some people on here have a thousand photos or more. Like Youthman. 

I do have several thousand photos in the forum, almost all are on my server.

resizing your photos to 1200 pixels wide would reduce the file size