Car stereo?

oscarsear

On 9/16/2016 at 11:01 AM, Mighty Favog said:

Be careful yanking out Bose speakers from cars and replacing them with something else. The ones in my Acura are (I think) something weird like 1 ohm. Means I'd have to replace the whole shameel. IIRC the factory head unit is a Pioneer.

That's good to know. It would be pretty hard on a 4 ohm head head unit if you only had 1 ohm impedance. 

Here are a few other things to add. 

• If the speakers are 1ohm rated, you need all new speakers if not using existing amp.
  • Front pillar speakers are tweeters and front door speakers are woofers, so you need component speakers there.
  • Back door speakers are woofers and rear pillar are ??? (they look like tiny midranges) Seems like the pillars are too far away from the rear door to use component speakers, but I don't know about such things. 
  • Tahoe has a factory amp. How do you wire into an existing amp and do you even want to? I would use new amps and wires!
  • The Tahoe has a center dash speaker. Will that be used? Are there head units that use it?
  • The Tahoe has a center console speaker. Also wonder if that will be used and if so, how?
  • There is a head unit that is $2500 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500X009GM/Alpine-X009-GM-In-Dash-Restyle-System.html?tp=20212 made for that vehicle. Wow that's expensive!
  • The JL Stealth subs do a great job and do not take up apase. The BFM Auto Tubas are great. I built one. They do take up space though.