Electro-Voice dX-38 (DSP crossover): Even Lower Price

PrestonTom

I am selling an Electro-Voice dX-38 (24 bit Digital Sound System Processor). This is a 2 in and 4 out, DSP processor. This is the unit that many of the guys use with their Klipsch Jubilees. The inputs are analog and balanced and the outputs are also balanced and analog. Signal-to-nose ratio is maximized by level adjustments on either the inputs or the outputs. Most folks will use this unit with a 2 channel pre-amp prior to the DSP crossover and feed the amps directly from the outputs of the DSP crossover. However one could also feed the source directly into the DSP crossover and adjust the overall volume via a 4-channel pre-amp or "passive" pre-amp. 

The dynamic range is about 115 dB, the D-A and A-D conversions are 24 bit and the filtering is performed at 48-bit. 

• Real-time control and configuration via front panel or PC interface with RACE software 
  • RS-232, MIDI interfaces are standard

If you are thinking of buying Jubilees, then this is the unit to get since factory settings for the crossover are available (actually made using such a unit). Of course it can be used for any system where you want to bi-amp (multiple units can be daisy chained for three-way systems). 

I am not the original owner. I got it used for a very good price, and now you can too. I am only trying to get what I have put into it. They used to retail for about $1,200. There are the usual surface scratches on the case. The unit works fine and I guarantee the unit will NOT arrive DOA. Blemishes on the case are shown in the final two photos. Manual and power cord are included.

I am selling this for $325 (price lowered again on November 11th ). I will absorb the PayPal fee, but the seller pays for shipping. It will be well-packaged and sent from Connecticut (06355). The package is 5x20x24 and weighs about 15 lbs

After one week, I will pull this ad and send it to eBay. I have got to get rid of stuff that I am not using ......

EVdx38Front.JPG

EVdx38BackRight.JPG

EVdx38Bottom.JPG

EVdx38BackLeft.JPG

EVdx38FrontLeft.JPG

EVdx38BlemishTopRight.JPG

Vdx38BlemishTopLeft.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is on the fence due to price, then PM me a reasonable offer (no trades). Just maybe we can work something out.

BTW, I do a have a couple of Behringer 2496 DCXs (Active DSP crossovers) that are essentially new in the box. These would be a less expensive alternative.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tom,

My apologies. Weather issues / storm damage recovery on the SE US coast last fall combined with a new VPN that cut me off from the Forums until now. Not sure why the Klipsch folks do not allow use of the VPN.

Tom was wonderful over the phone when we chatted in the past. I am glad the EV DX 38 found a good home.

I cannot say enough good things about Tom.

from NOLA with love