Forum Veterans: Miss Rose has Gone To Join PWK & Miss Valerie in that Big Listening Room In The Sky!

picky

IMG_2773-crop.JPG

Dear Friends:

Many of you who remember me while I was much more active on this forum, may recall my mom, Rose. I mentioned her periodically in posts and many members who paid my bride Verna and I a visit at our home in Michigan had the opportunity to meet Rose themselves and often wrote about her as well. She was a very unique woman with a fantastic sense of humor who was born of Polish immigrants, raised through the Great Depression and lived to the ripe, old age of 97. Forum members liked to refer to her as "Miss Rose".

Early, yesterday afternoon, Miss Rose left us. She was still living with us in our home for the past 36 years. She had a good quality of life right up until the end. She is survived by my wife and I, her two grandchildren, our son and daughter and their spouses and her two great-grandchildren, our son's son (14) and daughter (9). She had no regrets and said she was ready to meet her maker whenever he decided it was time. Miss Rose wished to be cremated, wanted no viewing nor ceremony. She asked us to simply throw one heck of a party! In a few weeks, we plan to throw a bash at a local corner bar, her favorite place because they have great burgers and cold beer. To those of you who knew her, thanks for caring all these years. you have meant so much to Miss Rose and our family. May God Bless! Play some Aerosmith or Pink Floyd for Miss Rose: Two of her favorites! -Glenn & Verna

Note: In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to a charity of your preference.

(older photo)

• Like 1

Picky,

So sorry to her about your Mom's passing. Prayers being sent for you and your family, And of course Rose. I trust she was in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knew she was dead.

Where will the celebration of her life be held? IIRC you live in my old stomping grounds.

BTW where have you been?