Bicycles - What are you riding?

2point1

I have a Bianche.... it's a old one.... I did enjoy it when we all used to ride...

Years ago when I was back at the dealership I worked at I did a side job on a old Accord for a guy that worked at a bike shop. I told him I wanted some bikes for my family.

I walked out of the bike shop with: My Bianche, My eldest daughters Trek, a tag along bike that hooked to my bike for my son, a Burley for my youngest daughter and all kinds of riding accessories. We only ride them for a year or so...

We just drug my wife's Trek out earlier this week.... My grand daughter rides her bike to school... well it's too small for her, My wife was looking at new bikes at Wallmart... Those bikes are crapp....So I told my wife lets take her Trek to the bike shop and get it all fixed up for our grand daughter. I thought it's better to put $135 into a nice bike than spend $175 on a new crapp bike..

MKP :-)

• Like 2

I ride a 2005 Trek 1000 with a 53 tooth big ring. I ride around 20 miles a day got 1800 so far this year. I got 1500 the summer right after the transplant so that was awesome. Wanted to get 2500 this year but weather did not help.

I would like to get new bike they cost way to much now and most come with the 50 tooth big ring which I would have to change out.

I use to work part time in high end shop and the mark up on bikes is about 65% so if they tell you they cant offer a better deal they are full of bullshit like PWK would say. I wonder if the auto correction will block Pauls famous saying on here.lol

I have two road bikes. A serotta Atlanta that I built up with dura ace I believe it n 1996. And recently I bought a Ridley flandrian with ultegra. The Ridley is quick and responsive but the steel Serotta rides like a dream. I just love the way a lugged steel frame rides. In a nod to age I just need to put a compact front end on it and I'll be happy!