RF-82 II help

frankhenrylee

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

My "huh" was referring to the thought that the RC-52 possibly having better midrange than the RC-62.  The RC-62 is a MUCH better sounding speaker than the RC-52.  I've heard the RC-52 with RF-82 and it was underwhelming to say the least.

Michael,

I kind of see where he is coming from.  Twin 5.25 woofers handle midrange pretty well but as you mentioned, underwhelming mated up with 82's.  

Take for instance, a pair of RF-52's and put them in a smallish room and seamlessly integrate a fast punchy sub like an RSW-10d and you would be totally surprised how smooth and "big" it would sound.

Bill

On 9/23/2016 at 2:14 PM, Youthman said:

My "huh" was referring to the thought that the RC-52 possibly having better midrange than the RC-62.  The RC-62 is a MUCH better sounding speaker than the RC-52.  I've heard the RC-52 with RF-82 and it was underwhelming to say the least.

I bought rf82, rc62,rs52 With an rw12d sub 7 years ago. I had a demon 1804 90 ampbut wasn't satisfied with higher volume for music upgraded to denon 3311 125 amp and then bought an Emotive xpa3 amp to power the 3 front speakers. Now the speakers kept opening up and revealing sounds I never heard before with each upgrade. The amp matters I now added a Marantz 7007. I love it 

• Like 1

Ok, so I've got a RC-62II on the way. So just have the surrounds left and then ceiling atmos speakers some time after that. 

So my question I pose to the Klipsch faithful is do I need to match the surrounds too. I've noticed the RS-62II's don't have the same finish as the towers and they are also fairly hard to find.

Would it be a mistake to get the RP-250s?

They look nicer and since they will be in very visible location that's kind of important. I'm also considering just getting another set of towers as they seem to be easier to find and cheaper than the RS62's. However the placement of the towers won't be as ideal as the surround speakers that will be on stands. 

As far as receiver I'm down to either the Yamaha Rx-a2050 or Onkyo Txrz800. I know those are not real comparable, but the deal on the Onkyo is pretty good at $650. Opinions on these are welcome too!

Once again thanks for the help!

So got my tv wall mounted which made room for the RC62 and also installed an Onkyo TXRZ800. Kind of wished I would've done one at a time so I could tell which one made the most difference. It was an upgrade with imaging and dialogue quality though. I have noticed that the treble is a bit much with these speakers and it may have to do with my living room having a ton of reflective surfaces and nothing really to absorb them. A rug is a no-no because my old dog will target it for  destruction by urination. Ive read the new RP-280's are a little easier on the high end. Has anyone done a side by side of the new RP's versus the RF-II series?

28 minutes ago, Youthman said:

I haven't heard the RP series myself

Whatever Klipsch designers set out to accomplish in the horn assemblies of the recent RP line, they nailed it. Last I demo'd them, they sounded excellent. Surprisingly so. I gather whatever research they put into the Palladium design had to have spilled over into their value lineup as well.

Worth at least checking out in person. :emotion-21:

Thats some nice furniture there.  Unfortunetely, the RF-7II's are bit big for this spot, but I could make room if I ever found a deal that I could afford. I'm going to look at some used RP-280's this weekend, but it looks like his room is acoustically much better than mine so it may be difficult to tell. They are the cherry ones though, so I may grab em just for the upgrade in looks since my wife's not thrilled with the black. 

I know its just opinion, but as with some things it seems like the newer stuff is just not as good as the old as some companies try to increase profit by decreasing costs.

Is there anyone out there that has moved from the RF-II to the RP line? Was it an upgrade or a lateral move?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, frankhenrylee said:

Thats some nice furniture there.

Craigslist

3 minutes ago, frankhenrylee said:

Unfortunetely, the RF-7II's are bit big for this spot, but I could make room if I ever found a deal that I could afford.

The deals are out there.  I paid $40 for the audio cabinet, I bartered for the RF-83's (developed a website for one of my customers), paid $400 for my son's RF-7's and less than $400 for the RF-7ii's.

7 minutes ago, frankhenrylee said:

I know its just opinion, but as with some things it seems like the newer stuff is just not as good as the old as some companies try to increase profit by decreasing costs.

Definitely subjective but IMO, the RF-7ii were definitely an improvement over the original RF-7's, both visually and audibly.

So, new option just came  available. I've also decided that since I live in Arkansas and I like Klipsch that it would be cool to have some that are made in Arkansas. I found some RF5's in supposedly like new condition for 750. Not a great deal but maybe not unfair.  Still not sure about that. I would almost make the switch just to have the cherry cabinets and because they're made in Hope. They seem to be very similar speakers to the RF82II's I have now. Can anyone out there offer an opinion on that comparison?