RF-82 II help

frankhenrylee

• Moderators
2 hours ago, willland said:

Believe me, my Heresy II's thump in my bedroom and it is just a little larger than your car.;):lol:

Shaun's living room is probably 15' x 30'.  Even with hard wood floors, I just wasn't impressed at all.  But that's just me.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, frankhenrylee said:

Hey folks,

Hoping you guys can help me out a bit. I'm looking to get my first decent set of home audio speakers, but there's so many opinions and options out there it's hard to decide. I have a friend who's big into it and he recommended the RP-280f and loves Klipsch. The only speakers he has right now are some ungodly expensive something or others so he can't help much with a demo and I don't have a place to go listen to any around here except the few they have at Best Buy and its not a great setup. I've found a couple of Rf-82 II's for $500 that they claim to be barely used. There's also a sw-112 for $200, but reviews are mixed on that and don't know if either are a good deal or not. The R-28F's I heard at Best Buy were ok, but the bass was not as tight as I would've liked, but I will say they are the best of what I have heard so far. Where does the RF-82 II come in as far as Klipsch's lineup goes? Is it comparable to the current R-28F? What about the RP-280F? Any help you guys can give will be much appreciated!!!!!!

I have the rf-82lls. they are outstanding. at 500.00, you cant go wrong. I was going to buy the rf-7s, but they are beast and klipsch tech recommended the rf-82s. trust me, I purchased mine new. I paid a great deal more. good luck

Been reading through some old post about heritage versus reference.  There's a lot of love out there for the heritage series. I still need some surrounds so I may have to go ahead and grab some Heresy's  when I find a decent deal. I know those aren't anywhere near the top of the line but are they a good representative of the heritage series in general? 

1 hour ago, frankhenrylee said:

Been reading through some old post about heritage versus reference.  There's a lot of love out there for the heritage series. I still need some surrounds so I may have to go ahead and grab some Heresy's  when I find a decent deal. I know those aren't anywhere near the top of the line but are they a good representative of the heritage series in general? 

They are a great representation of the heritage sound. 

6 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Chest kicking kick drums is centered around 63 hz.  You'd have to be spanking them silly for such things to be an interesting experience with Heresy.  

When I play the intro of Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover", my chest vibrates from about 8ft at mid volumes.  No joking or exaggeration.  I believe I do get some boundary gain from the dresser/mirror and the 8ft wide/6ft deep sitting room of my bedroom.   My HII's no longer sit on the risers which even more enhanced the effect.

Bedroom Onkyo Integra and Hersy II combo.jpg

Bill

• Like 1