TV Service Providers

nitrofan

Ok so i just moved a couple of weeks ago and my wife wanted to change from Uverse to Cox for tv and internet so we did. Uverse internet is not very good i admit,but i had no problems with their tv. So we got the latest most awesome contour 2 hd dvr in three rooms, great right? Not exactly. First of all i lost AXS tv and Audience,both great for concerts. But the biggest problem is that on on demand or pay per view channels audio is only output in two channel stereo. No dolby digital on movies that you pay $7.99 for? Does that make any sense? After an hour and a half on the phone with someone who i don't think ever understood what i was telling her she offered to downgrade us to the older box but my wife won't have that because of it's limited recording capabilities. Anyone have experience with Direct TV or Dish network have any advice please.

I have been with Directv for several years and absolutely love the service they provide. I don't use their internet service so I can't comment on that but as far as tv programming, on demand and their user formats, they are awesome imho. Most movies are 5.99 while a few of the exclusive ones are slightly higher.

Very rarely will I see something broadcast in less than 5.1 Dolby sound

• Like 1

Have installed both in a professional capacity. Call and tell them that they have not spent the time as of yet to troubleshoot their advertised service. Of course in the meanwhile let us know how you have things wired and your experience before this service. IOW, did someone come in to your home.?

Customer service is what they advertise so, feel free.

Billybob they know about the issue,it's all over their forums and there is no solution at this time. Maybe a software release in the future but who knows. I just can't believe in this day and time a company the size of cox would offer such a service. I mean 2 channel stereo on premium shows, cmon man! 

• Like 1

I hear your situation. Please believe me, I have tried to please DBS customers with free time and charge to have them happy with their choice in provider. Having starting earlier in the TVRO industry, I was very happy to offer up stereo for their listening pleasure. In my learned but humble opinion the small dish (12ghz) let a lot of folk down due to the competition in mass production of  par product while they were in a supposed war for customer

number. The offering by either early on was a disappointment to me but, mostly the end user. If I can help, let me know.

• 2 months later...