4K/UHD Oppo Bluray

Rivernuggets

I hope it works better than my OPPO83 that has been sent back to OPPO for repair once and needs to go back for the same thing.  I plan to do away with all 4 of my BD players and go to the new UHD players as i plan on maybe getting a OLED next year if they get cheaper and better than what they are today.

54 minutes ago, Schu said:

Why would anyone buy an Xbox over an Oppo?

I'm looking at it in terms of capability and price.  The Xbox will support HDR and 4K for $300.  If you're using HDMI connections then it's just a transport.  Why pay more to read information from a disk?

• Moderators

Have a 4K Tv but no plans anytime soon to get the player, well until there is more 4K media, by then the price should be lower, I hope.

Never tried Oppo but rarely hear any complaints, it might be the one when time comes long ?

1 hour ago, mark1101 said:

Heck, the television networks are not even up to 1080P yet.  It's only the movies you can buy and stream.  I don't do too much of that right now.

I am still waiting to see a football game or a race in 1080P.

They broadcast it and the cable companies degrades it to 1080i to save bandwidth.  Get an OTA antenna to see football in 1080p.  You'll definitely notice a difference over 1080i.

If 1080p is a monster jump over 1080i, then I'd be truly amazed.  Watching F1 and football I'm totally satisfied.  I watched the Singapore F1 race under the lights and it was very sharp. I can see individual grass blades on the football field.  I really don't see any noticeable difference between a 1080p movie and the HD cable channels.  YMMV, but it's all good to me. 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

They broadcast it and the cable companies degrades it to 1080i to save bandwidth.  Get an OTA antenna to see football in 1080p.  You'll definitely notice a difference over 1080i.

Well Dish network degrades it to because their HD receivers have choices for 480i, 720P and 1080i,  No 1080P.