Whats it worth?

miketyler

Hi guys, long time no post, I know...

As some of you know I found a deal on a THX Ultra 2 system earlier this year and now need to sell my old 7.1 Reference system (minus the sub).

I'm looking for some guidance as I have run these in my local Craigslist for some time and I seem to only be getting interest from those in the <$1k budget range. Am I overpricing these? Granted it is a mix of REF IV and REF II speakers but they are all in excellent condition and to my ears probably sound as good as my Ultra 2 or better.

The set consists of 

REF IV RC-52
REF IV RF-62 pair

RS-62 II pair
RS-52 II pair, with boxes

I have them on Dallas Craigslist for $1400. Is that high for a mint set of seven speakers as listed? 

KLipsch.jpg

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, miketyler said:

REF IV RC-52
REF IV RF-62 pair

RS-62 II pair
RS-52 II pair, with boxes

I have them on Dallas Craigslist for $1400. Is that high for a mint set of seven speakers as listed? 

My estimate:

RC-52 - $100 - $150

RF-62 - $350 - $400

RS-62ii - $400 - $600

RS-52ii - $300 - $400

So total somewhere between $1150 - $1550.  I think you are spot on.  You can always take less.  Being mint that helps greatly to allow you to sell at the top end of the market.  Best wishes with the sale.

I disagree with the pricing. Nobody will pay the individual price for each item if you're making them buy the bundle. If you sell everything together, you're not going to get more than $1,000. Probably $800-900

I'd say, sell the RS-62s separately, then sell the rest as a set for $600-700.

Just an update, I sold five of the seven pieces for $1k yesterday. $450 on the REF IV equipment and $550 for the pair of RS-62II's. Was nice to deal with someone that had done their homework and knew what they were buying. Still have the RS-52's in box remaining. Thanks for all the responses here.

Just an update, I sold five of the seven pieces for $1k yesterday. $450 on the REF IV equipment and $550 for the pair of RS-62II's. Was nice to deal with someone that had done their homework and knew what they were buying. Still have the RS-52's in box remaining. Thanks for all the responses here.

How much for rs-52?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk