Memorable concerts

DizRotus

Seen a great cover band this weekend at the local festival in Des Plaines called Heartache Tonight.

Out of the dozens of shows seen this year i think this was the best one so far, might even go to see them again if given a chance.

First concert was Billy Joel Glass Houses when i was 10 if i recall.

I think my favorite concert was AC/DC Back in Black at Rosemont Horizon, good stuff.

• Like 1

• Moderators

One was ZZ Top/ Tres Hombres tour, opening was Aerosmith playing there new Toys in the attic songs.

It was the  70's, the concert was in City park stadium, from what I can remember.

Chicago is another one, they can play for 3 hours with all hit's.

For anyone in New Orleans many years ago knows the two great places to see a show was either the WareHouse or the riverboat President, great shows and cheap. To many great shows to talk about so here are some links. No way I could have seen them all :(

http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2009/11/remembering_the_riverboat_pres.html

The WareHouse link   http://blackstrat.net/

Riverboat President concert list are below, the WareHouse was just what then name says and the president was a old paddle wheel boat .

Riverboat-President-Concerts-Log_1.jpg

download.jpg

WareHouse.jpg

• Like 1

Pink Floyd at Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Concert starts with a sound check coinciding with their 727 Flying right over the stadium. I almost pooped myself. There was a big pig hanging from a wire, which exploded - and then lots of little pigs coming down everywhere with parachutes.  It was insane - and the sound was audiophile quality  

Starcastle and Styx. 

Kansas and Journey. 

Aerosmith. 

Queen. 

ELP's last show (yes, I wept). 

April Wine and Black Sabbath.

Gentle Giant and ELO. 

Had tickets to Led Zeppelin (my cousin worked for a radio station in Cleveland), but Bonham died and broke my heart. 

• Like 2

Wow..  well the easy question is, most memorable?  Floyd, Division Bell tour, 1994  Easy easy easy.

First ever was Aerosmith in 1977 (78?)  (memorable for reasons I can't get into here)

Moody Blues, probably 20 times (some memorable, some sucked)

Neil Diamond, probably 20 times (all memorable)

Alice Cooper (memorable)

Babys

Kenny Loggins

Foghat

Billy Joel (good showman, memorable)

Elton John (numerous times, very memorable)

Heart

Boston

Eric Clapton (memorable)

Grand Funk Railroad (too da*M loud for the venue)

The Turtles

Rod Stewart

John Denver

Queen (very memorable)

Harry Chapin

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

Styx

REO Speedwagon

Chicago

Fleetwood Mac

Kinks

John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band (I actually enjoyed this more than expected)

KSO (Knoxville Symphony Orchestra)

Jethro Tull

Foreigner (memorable)

Rush

Bad Company

Eagles

Beach Boys

Kansas

Starting to really rack my brain now...it's worn me out trying to remember.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Wow..  well the easy question is, most memorable?  Floyd, Division Bell tour, 1994  Easy easy easy.

First ever was Aerosmith in 1977 (78?)  (memorable for reasons I can't get into here)

Moody Blues, probably 20 times (some memorable, some sucked)

Neil Diamond, probably 20 times (all memorable)

Alice Cooper (memorable)

Babys

Kenny Loggins

Foghat

Billy Joel (good showman, memorable)

Elton John (numerous times, very memorable)

Heart

Boston

Eric Clapton (memorable)

Grand Funk Railroad (too da*M loud for the venue)

The Turtles

Rod Stewart

John Denver

Queen (very memorable)

Harry Chapin

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

Styx

REO Speedwagon

Chicago

Fleetwood Mac

Kinks

John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band (I actually enjoyed this more than expected)

KSO (Knoxville Symphony Orchestra)

Jethro Tull

Foreigner (memorable)

Rush

Bad Company

Eagles

Beach Boys

Kansas

Starting to really rack my brain now...it's worn me out trying to remember.

The babys Opening for journey

• Like 1

I have seen almost everyone I ever wanted to see. I would say my most memorable show was the "Monsters of Rock".

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Metallica

Scorpions

Van Halen

The concert was amazing, even though the Pontiac Silverdome was a horrible acoustic venue. To think we saw five well known bands in one venue for $35 is crazy. My wife was thinking of going to a Bon Jovi concert last year with our daughter and the tickets were nearly $200 a piece!

Tim 

First concert.....The Guess Who...Arie Crown Chicago...I was 14...Asked my parents if I could go...They said no...Don't worry they are not members.

Best concert.... Ten Years After with Alvin Lee..... Chicago Amphitheater

Annual concert.....Yes....every time they came to town....... Round About favorite song....OMG I love it still

Worst concert.....Rush ....Alpine Valley Wisconsin.....Passed out....Don't worry I recovered ...sort of.  Now come on.... if you haven't passed out you haven't partied

G.E.M.

• Like 2

First was YES -- Really great for me being a huge Rick Wakeman fan. Saw them again shortly before Chris Squire passed away.  Got to talk to him backstage after the show--VERY nice guy he was, and that Rickenbacker bass is one of the most beautiful instruments I’ve ever seen.  I told him that too, and he said “oh, it practically plays itself."

Seen many of those listed in this thread; including some many times ... Queen, YES, The Guess Who, REO, Heart

Memorable?  Stones in ’82 in Los Angeles when a young man named Prince was booed off stage.  Queen in ’80 when i accidentally snorted some Qualudes and don’t remember anything after that (I was initially told it was Coke.  Family joke on that one, family member next to me said “hey this guy is sharing his coke with us--take big spoons.”  A few minutes later he said, “let’s go blow our noses, that wasn’t coke--it was Qualudes.”  I told him it was too late, try to enjoy the ride).

Worst ... Blue Oyster Cult circa 1979 or 80. Molly Hatchet opened for them (and that was who i wanted to see). Flat tire on the freeway enroute to concert. Got there to hear three of their songs--BOC’s set was feedback like crazy, car accident in parking lot leaving (i wasn’t the driver), engine blew up on the drive home, leaving us stranded on the side of the freeway at 3:00 in the morning.  

Two regrets...circa 1978 passed on Supertramp and circa 1979 passed on Kansas.  Wish I would have went to both.

• Like 3