Monoprice15″ Subwoofer at CEDIA 2016

TasDom

These look interesting. No price announced yet but knowing Monoprice, they should be reasonable.

755309557de25933d687.jpg

http://www.avsforum.com/monoprice-monolith-amplifiers-15-subwoofer-cedia-2016/?utm_content=more1

"Take one look at the sub and you know it means business. Glance at the specs and you’ll understand why the fine folks from Monoprice almost knocked their booth down when they turned it up. We’re talking about 1200 watts of amplification pushing a 15-inch LMS-R driver to produce a CEA 2010 max burst output of 122 dB at 20 Hz, measured from 2 meters. If that number proves to be accurate with production models, that’s a completely absurd (indeed, practically unprecedented) amount of bass."

51 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

just read all the comments on the avs. they are already calling BS on this sub for its outrageous spec of 122 db at 2m at 20hz. its sad that people can't just introduce a product without blowing up the specs on it to try and impress everyone. 

I just glanced through data-bass and saw that not a single system has this capability, with the exception of the last one which he made as a custom 31ft enclosure with an 18" driver.  

I agree, and found that to be perhaps the only thing I was disappointed with regarding Klipsch.  Using REW to test the mains, I'll be darned if the F3 is not exactly to their spec.   But their subs....like many if not most companies, seem inflated.    In order to get people's attention and be able to charge an un-Monoprice like price...I guess they need the hype :(