The best all around klipsch speakers

H-D Rider

I have had 6 different sets of Heritage Klipsch and loved them all. BUT as far as making me happy, the best experience I have had was with a pair of my La Scalas outdoors at a friend of mine's river house with a bunch of old friends sitting by a campfire a couple months ago. We drove the animals out of the woods and listened for hours, long after the fire had burned down. Rock, Blues, Country etc. Something about the LSs and the great outdoors!

• Like 7

Seriously though.....it's a tough call now that I've had the Khorns for a couple of months.  For live music, I'd have to give the edge to my La Scala's, and you heard both the outdoor pair, and the LSI splits....but overall, driven well, for jazz/blues/rock, the Khorns rule.

If I just want to rock out I love my KG 5.5's. Especially for electronic music it has such a pounding bass that digs way deep and always puts a smile on your face. They cant touch my LaScalas for actual critical listening though. For $300 or so the KG 5.5's are one of the best value Klipsch in my opinion.

• Like 1

It's impossible to pick a "best all around" Klipsch.  That whole "all around" qualifier leaves too much to guessing.  The KL-650THX have the flattest on-axis response of any Klipsch speaker ever produced.  Does that make them the best?  Various Cinema line speakers provide the greatest dynamic range.  Does that make them the best?  

Speaker design is all about compromises, and the "best" speaker is the one with the fewest compromises or those with the lowest impact.  The specifics of the local situation (room size and acoustics, intended coverage area, desired spl levels...) also largely dictate what would be "best".

I'm pretty happy with the forte II.  Of all the Klipsch designs, they're the "best" compromise with Hoffman's Iron Law and juggle all the other speaker design variables quite beautifully.  They're the engineering equivalent of an album filled with great songs, no filler.  They sound pretty good too.   

• Like 2