KLF-30s Picked up a near mint pair yesterday

mojomc

Scored these from a Vietnamese gentleman yesterday for $700 and an 8 hour round trip. They are a solid 9/10. No baffle rattle. In fact they both are rock solid for now. He was the second owner but has had them for the last 12 years. I haven't looked inside the tower. I think with the LaScalas covering our more refined listening and now having the KLF-30s and the matching C7 center and S6 surrounds we have what should be a rock'n home theater while dishing out some window rattling rock and roll. So excited to have these KLF-30s! Let the RAWK begin!

20160919_085149~02.jpg

highly recommend you replace the stock factory poly K79 (tweeter) diaphragms for a new set of superior titanium diaphragms from Bob Crites. Chalk and cheese difference between the two with the ti being smoother more extended and open, very much better to listen to. Huge improvement for a very small cost simple to install.

6 hours ago, mojomc said:

Scored these from a Vietnamese gentleman yesterday for $700 and an 8 hour round trip. They are a solid 9/10. No baffle rattle. In fact they both are rock solid for now. He was the second owner but has had them for the last 12 years. I haven't looked inside the tower. I think with the LaScalas covering our more refined listening and now having the KLF-30s and the matching C7 center and S6 surrounds we have what should be a rock'n home theater while dishing out some window rattling rock and roll. So excited to have these KLF-30s! Let the RAWK begin!

20160919_085149~02.jpg

Looks like you grabbed the ones in Cedar Park.  Congrats and enjoy.  

Pay close attention to them.  You may not think the La Scalas will be needed for more refined listening unless you have modded them.

No wonder why I didn't get a call back when I last weekend.  

7 hours ago, mojomc said:

Scored these from a Vietnamese gentleman yesterday for $700 and an 8 hour round trip

Congrats on the KLF's.

Where did you get these from?  I ask this because I bought a nice Onkyo Integra integrated amp from a Vietnamese man in Texas a few years back and he was a joy to deal with.  He loved audio and his main goal in our dealings was for me to be a pleased customer.  I really enjoyed our interaction.  His Audiogon name was(I think) Audiolover.

Bill

The LaScalas are separate running in two channel only. The tweeter upgrade is on the near future radar. The gentleman, Terry, was a real pleasure. We sat around listening to some jazz talking about his adventures in audio. He had quite the collection but he's now downsizing. I was probably there a couple of hours. 

That is the same pair I had thought about getting. Yes it was about the same driving distance for me. Maybe a little less. Got the kg 5.5 instead, closer, and fit my budget better. Congrats on the score. Very nice. Those are some awesome speakers. My buddy has a pair, they will blow the windows out, with very little power.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk