KG 5.5 Towers - $200 (Mt Adams) cincy Ohio

calhockey10

16 hours ago, tromprof said:

I contacted him yesterday but his and my schedules didn't work. Shame, I have never heard the 5.5s and have read a lot of good things about them.

I seen the ad and called him ~ 6. He said that someone was picking them up at 7. He went on to say that if I would pay more, he would sell them to me (to me says that he wouldn't honor an agreemeny). I told him that I wouldn't get into that, but if the deal fell through, I wanted them. 

1 hour ago, Weber said:

I seen the ad and called him ~ 6. He said that someone was picking them up at 7. He went on to say that if I would pay more, he would sell them to me (to me says that he wouldn't honor an agreemeny). I told him that I wouldn't get into that, but if the deal fell through, I wanted them. 

Told him I would text at 7 if I could get down there. Nice of him to hold them for me (unless of course someone was willing to pay more :o). Congrats on the score. I currently have 24 speakers hooked up in the house as is (not counting computer speakers), not sure what I would have done with these except get in trouble with She (who must be obeyed)....................

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tromprof said:

Told him I would text at 7 if I could get down there. Nice of him to hold them for me (unless of course someone was willing to pay more :o). Congrats on the score. I currently have 24 speakers hooked up in the house as is (not counting computer speakers), not sure what I would have done with these except get in trouble with She (who must be obeyed)....................

When dealing with craigslist deals, neither the seller or buyer knows if either will honor an agreement.  Many times we've seen people who try to up the price. I don't do that, but it's a gray area if there's no real agreement in place. If it's first come first serve, or "here's the deal" but if it falls through....

What I don't get is if there is an agreement, that agreement should be honored and money shouldn't change that. 

When I advertised my Forte on here and on CL, there was interests from both ads. After agreeing to hold them for someone, I was offered more by other responders who could have payed and picked up sooner. That didn't matter . I thinks most people on this forum are just has honorable. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tromprof said:

Told him I would text at 7 if I could get down there. Nice of him to hold them for me (unless of course someone was willing to pay more :o).

Also, it might have been someone else who was to meet him, Idk. 

I don't mean to paint him as being shady. He was selling something on Craigslist, we know how that can go. 

He was not a flipper, only upgrading his system.