Serial numbers What year were they made

thebomb

I recently picked up a pair of Heresy II speakers and was wondering when they were built. Serial number on one speaker is 8677680. The crossover has a date on it of 1985. In addition what are the dimensions of the stands so I can make some stands for my new old speakers. Thanks in advance 

Tom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Budman said:

welcome to the forum Tom

serial number starts with 86 so that is the year they were built    1986

i'm not aware that klipsch put dates on their crossovers

Budman,

Thanks for the info, It was the speaker plate that had 1985 on it. In the 70's I worked at Sunn Musical in Tualatin Or. They made speakers and amps for Rock bands like The Who, Beach Boys, Bad Company and many more. I  designed a pair of speakers made of Birch plywood that had a 15" Cerwin Vega speaker, a horn tweeter and a horn midrange and a small mid range cone speaker. I had the engineers build me crossovers that had pots on each component except the woofer. Had my own graphic equalizer built into each speaker.Then I built a Sunn Magna 3800 power amplifier, as they were discontinuing and built from scratch. 160 watts per channel into 8ohms and 880 watts down to 2 ohms. Hooked that to a Advent 300 receiver and a Bang and Olufsen turntable. These Heresy II sound quite a bit like my old system, not quite as loud. All my old equipment got stolen in the 80's. Real bummer. These Heresy II were originally birch unfinished, now are brown with gloss over the top.My homemade speakers were done with many coats of Tung Oil and were gorgeous. Well designed speakers always sound good no matter how old they are. Long Live Rock, as The Who would play.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...