Does somethng happen to a signal when you use a split input?

Schu

OK, I couldn't find the original article with the schematic, but this will work quite well. You can make this fancy or simply wire up some resistors in some tape with some salvaged rca plugs to try it out. The resistors prevent any interaction between the two different input devices.

btw, the two inputs could both be on, with only one in use and it should still work fine. I got this from an issue of Recording Engineer/Producer, and it was used as a passive line level input buss for a recording console.

Bruce

Passive mixer inputs.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Schu said:

I have a aversion to adding something inline that might compromise the signal... cheap is not my overriding restriction as being black (as in Invisible) is.

Then your own self built switch is the best option i think. Get a good quality DPDT switch with GOLD contact surfaces. You do not want to use a power switching switch as they usually have SILVER contact surfaces and rely on the higher current to keep the contact clean. You will be switching low current line level signals.

• Like 1