Walnut rp280FA ?

Ransak

I recently ordered Heresys from one of the places in Las Vegas at a savings from what Amazon was asking.  However, they were shipped from Amazon and arrived in two days. What is the relationship there? I thought it was strange to order from one place at a substantial savings and have it shipped from another business with a higher price. Not that I'm complaining, it's just one of those things I wondered about.

Same thing happened on some RP-160's I ordered 6 months ago.

These business relationships are different. 

By the way, love the Heresys. Hopefully, I will stop upgrading now. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not complaining since I really wanted the walnut. I thought that it might be because they are an authorized dealer that the price was the same. Regarding shipping, not sure how Amazon handles that, but I did notice that Amazon replied that shipping complaints of items not shipped through the dealer were Amazon's fault. So I like that Amazon takes responsibility but perhaps shipping through the dealer will go more smoothly. I will find out.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, Ransak said:

Yeah, I'm not complaining since I really wanted the walnut. I thought that it might be because they are an authorized dealer that the price was the same.

The price is nearly always going to be the same on any halfway popular discontinued items due to the seller and customers being limited to the in-stock supply on hand, so nobody's going to be in a hurry to deeply discount them.  Same thing with the RS-62ii's, you probably won't find a great deal on them.  Klipsch doesn't make them anymore and very few people have them, so why would anybody with a new pair of them sell them at a deep discount?  I sure wouldn't, basic laws of supply and demand.  As a dealer I can't even get the walnut 280's anymore.  Had I received a head's up before they stopped being available and stocked up on a bunch so I'd have them when nobody else did, I wouldn't then turn around and have a fire sale, wouldn't make much sense, especially considering that $799 is already 33% off.  They retailed for $1,200.  That's cheap enough and is still a great deal. 

• Like 1