Game Camera

T2K

My neighborhood and city has ordinances regarding leashes and dogs schitting in others yards. It seems that someone and their dog has taken a liking to my front yard and leaves their brown gold in my new premium pine straw. Not a big deal for those of you that like dog schit but I personally don't like dog schit. 

I'm going to buy a game camera so that I may find out who the depositor is so that I may return their property to them. So I need a decent low cost game camera.

Any recommendations? And thanks.

I have a Primos Workhorse (model 63310) that works well for me.  Internet price seems to range around  $59.95 - $89.99.  Besides hunting, I used mine to monitor my back yard when I had a fence contractor working and I could not be home. The time stamp told me exactly when they came and left, and who was working, so they could not BS me about the job.

1 hour ago, Seadog said:

I have a Primos Workhorse (model 63310) that works well for me.  Internet price seems to range around  $59.95 - $89.99.  Besides hunting, I used mine to monitor my back yard when I had a fence contractor working and I could not be home. The time stamp told me exactly when they came and left, and who was working, so they could not BS me about the job.

Thanks for that, I'll check that model out. I did buy a Wildgame Innovations Terra 6 ($50) but I wasn't very happy with it. Pictures at night at 10 feet were completely washed out. Outline of person completely white with no detail. I tried it indoors and could hardly recognize myself. I'm going to return it and try something else.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I've got one of those but apparently this is an uneducated dog that can't read. Thanks for the suggestion though, I like that sign better than the one I have.

• Like 1

If you have Wi-Fi in the area in question and don't mind $200, look at the Ring stick-up cam.  Works like a game camera but you get instant app notifications and a 45 second long video of whatever is going on delivered to your phone immediately. 

• Like 1

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 11:23 PM, T2K said:

Thanks for that, I'll check that model out. I did buy a Wildgame Innovations Terra 6 ($50) but I wasn't very happy with it. Pictures at night at 10 feet were completely washed out. Outline of person completely white with no detail. I tried it indoors and could hardly recognize myself. I'm going to return it and try something else.

We bought a Wildgame for about $80. Put in a 32GB card and set it to the highest resolution. Not perfect but works pretty well. It's in our backyard with no lights.

On September 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM, T2K said:

My neighborhood and city has ordinances regarding leashes and dogs schitting in others yards. It seems that someone and their dog has taken a liking to my front yard and leaves their brown gold in my new premium pine straw. Not a big deal for those of you that like dog schit but I personally don't like dog schit. 

I'm going to buy a game camera so that I may find out who the depositor is so that I may return their property to them. So I need a decent low cost game camera.

Any recommendations? And thanks.

ACORN makes some decent low budget game cameras. For about $100 you can buy one with a 12meg resolution. I'm using a couple of them where I hunt, along with a couple of high dollar cameras, and the ACORNs are tough to beat at the price.