Advise on JBL's

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

On 10/8/2016 at 10:55 AM, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Little update on the JBL's...

Had my audio bud come over last night that knows a lot about active x-overs. He bought one over last night and we got the JBL's pumping....  We didn't have all the cables to get the Crown hooked up. So we used a Carver PM 1.5 for the horns and a Carver TFM-42 to drive the bass bins...

Over all I was really happy with the sound they put out.... It really was on another level.... But My bud Ryan told me once I get a better x-over then we can hear what those JBL's can do... We quickly found out that those four 15" woofers in those bass bins ate up all the power that Carver TFM-42 had..... we didn't clip the amp, but you could tell they wanted more power... We might have been putting 2/3 watts to the horns..

So the x-over I'm looking at is DBX driverack PA2.... He was telling me this x-over can do a lot for the money...

th?id=OIP.Mf76e03c81f7796d64c812fe8191e6003o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=337&h=76

Think I'm going to order this Monday.....

Even my wife was blown away by the sound these monsters put out.... So far really happy with the JBL's.... I got a lot to learn:D

MKP :-)

I have one of those I could sell you.  Nothing wrong with it - took it out of a system where they had upgraded to a larger unit.  If you haven't bought it yet send me a message.

• Like 1