Measure Of Todays Youth

JJkizak

2 minutes ago, Weber said:

Too many are neglecting to do the right thing in fear of hurting the kid's feelings...even if the kid is 28 years old. 

I guess the alternative is to take away their children and let the government take care of them....That said, 28 years old would be a tough one although feel our government is taking care of quite a few of them as well.

Hey, if this bothers you continue on but as I leave this conversation admit there are some parents that do as you suggest, while others go completely the other way to destroy their children--Then of course there are the myriads of good parents doing the best they can because as my mom used to say, "They ain't born with instructions." Salute to those. :)

7 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I guess the alternative is to take away their children and let the government take care of them....That said, 28 years old would be a tough one although feel our government is taking care of quite a few of them as well.

Hey, if this bothers you continue on but as I leave this conversation admit there are some parents that do as you suggest, while others go completely the other way to destroy their children--Then of course there are the myriads of good parents doing the best they can because as my mom used to say, "They ain't born with instructions." Salute to those. :)

The gooberment has screwed up enough

• Like 1

Survivor's series is doing Gen-X vs Millennials.  The Millennials already needed saving and would have died if left to their own devices.  In two weeks or so, the Millennials will be crying they are being oppressed and it isn't fair.  Even the Millennials acknowledge they are deserving of the criticisms.  Frankly, I have been somewhat impressed with the Millennials as I didn't think it possible they could survive an hour without a cell phone.  Of course, listening to them actually have a conversation reminds you of why they need cell phones and all the grammar, speech, and text apps.

Most of us have done rotten things growing up, boys will be boys.

I remember putting condoms in the salad dressing at the local buffet, M-80's in mailboxes, flaming bags of dog crap on steps, ETC...

Just need to mature and realize life is not all fun and games.

I remember somehow getting a hold of a guy in the neighborhood's garage door remote......we'd drive past his house opening and closing his door at all hours of the night and day. Man he was pissed.

Just the tip of the iceberg in my hood back then LOL. What goes around has come back around on me. Last year kids in the neighborhood egged my house. I called the cops....they found the kids and they confessed. If I had pressed charges the fine would have been over a grand. Still feeling guilty about my past, I didn't press charges but instead made them wash the outside of the house and pull the weeds in all of my mulch beds. A little work may have done them some good.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SWL said:

I didn't press charges but instead made them wash the outside of the house and pull the weeds in all of my mulch beds. A little work may have done them some good.

That's practical and makes too much sense.  I can't believe you did that.  Aren't you supposed to sue the parents in these type circumstances?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SWL said:

I remember somehow getting a hold of a guy in the neighborhood's garage door remote......we'd drive past his house opening and closing his door at all hours of the night and day. Man he was pissed.

Just the tip of the iceberg in my hood back then LOL. What goes around has come back around on me. Last year kids in the neighborhood egged my house. I called the cops....they found the kids and they confessed. If I had pressed charges the fine would have been over a grand. Still feeling guilty about my past, I didn't press charges but instead made them wash the outside of the house and pull the weeds in all of my mulch beds. A little work may have done them some good.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Best way for kids to learn not to do stupid things is to teach them a lesson like you did.

• Like 3

I got my driver's permit as soon as I could

A lot of today's kids don't care id the drive or not

When I was nearing graduating high school, my dad didn't cave in to my silly ways and made it so I couldn't wait to get my own place.

Today's parents just go to work and complain how the 20 something year old won't help around the house, uses all the resources as though someone else is paying for them and contributes nothing. 

Needless to say, my kids couldn't wait to get their own places. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Whatever happened to twk's  'trigger warning?---generational discussion."

Besides, everyone knows it's the boomers that have screwed everything up.

I was too triggered by this thread to respond and had to wait in my Safe Zone until my SSRI cocktail kicked in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anarchist said:

Survivor's series is doing Gen-X vs Millennials.  The Millennials already needed saving and would have died if left to their own devices.  In two weeks or so, the Millennials will be crying they are being oppressed and it isn't fair.  Even the Millennials acknowledge they are deserving of the criticisms.  Frankly, I have been somewhat impressed with the Millennials as I didn't think it possible they could survive an hour without a cell phone.  Of course, listening to them actually have a conversation reminds you of why they need cell phones and all the grammar, speech, and text apps.

Yes for the first time on Survivor there will be a "safe Zone" set up for those who's feelings get hurt.

Grammar?  Like my head is splitting after like listening to them.   Like I was going to scream and like do bad things.....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Didnt we already try that with our disaster of a Public School system?

• Like 2