Measure Of Todays Youth

JJkizak

LOL I get ya.  As for the Stones, pretty much all of life can be explained somewhere within their tunes.  I had a philosophy professor who regularly quoted the stones, probably partially because he was in a stones cover band on the side, but the dude is a very smart man, so there must be something about it all right?

19 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

Music has changed as well - from the songs that had great story lines and quotes to the new what's on my mind this second lyrics..

Lots of great stories in modern music. You just have to dig beneath all the pop garbage:

51 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

Crime and punishment!!!  We could talk about this for days.    Taking the drivers license has a greater effect.  Even  then  people will still drive until they get caught.  They still drink and drive even though there are pretty stiff laws against that.

And if they're caught 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8bd_1474234461

11 hours ago, Weber said:

The penalty isn't harsh enough yet. $35 fine? Arrested, loss of driving privilege for a long period, a fine based on household income. If that doesn't work, make it tougher.  

a small fine is reactive while a stiff penalty can be a deterrent. 

A fine based on income is an interesting idea.  A $35 fine might be effective for a kid working half time (all the kid could get, for the sake of argument) at the minimum wage, but wouldn't be noticed by a Gates, Clinton, Trump, or Koch.  Some very wealthy people were ticketed for using hand held cell phones when California first made it illegal to use them while driving.  One was the then wife of Arnold when he was Governor.  If they had to pay the same percentage of their income that $35 would be to the kid mentioned above, it might have made an impression.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, garyrc said:

A fine based on income is an interesting idea.  A $35 fine might be effective for a kid working half time (all the kid could get, for the sake of argument) at the minimum wage, but wouldn't be noticed by a Gates, Clinton, Trump, or Koch.  Some very wealthy people were ticketed for using hand held cell phones when California first made it illegal to use them while driving.  One was the then wife of Arnold when he was Governor.  If they had to pay the same percentage of their income that $35 would be to the kid mentioned above, it might have made an impression.

Sweden based at least their traffic fines this way.  The amount you paid was proportional to your income.

• Like 1

Just now, Weber said:

I had a girlfriend in kindergarten and learned things that didn't make it on that page. B)

I would love to meet up with my kindergarten friend.  Also, I never liked milk even though I was forced to drink it.  Are people never weaned?  I mean besides the cry towel and participation ribbon crowd.