Sansui, Karlson - Rockville MD

Woofers and Tweeters

The only few things that I have discovered: If someone places a bid within the last few minutes (not sure, something like withing 5 minutes) and the bid ups the top bid, time is added, which gives someone time to bid again. If your max bid ("max bid" reserve) is high enough while someone is chasing yours, the timer isn't reset but the chaser's bid runs up the price...Hope that made a little sense. 

There used to be some great deals on that site. Since it's gotten out, most things tend to go higher than on ebay.

ALSO...

There is a small window to pick up whatever is bought. Make sure it is picked up in that time at that address. If not, then they take it to a warehouse and will charge for delivery. If someone doesn't want to pay added delivery, then they can FORFEIT the money and not get the item....and they will resell it. 

Thanks for the information.  This is run more like a true auction, unlike eBay.  The ability to snipe a bid on eBay makes earlier bidding foolish.  As I understand EBTH, it still makes sense to bid late, if the high bid is still below your maximum bid.  Unlike eBay's which end at a specific date and time, EBTH's policy of "going. going. gone" permits a late run up of the bid.  This might be more trouble than it's worth to me.  I will watch it and decide whether to bid at the last moment.

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Dave, 

We lost.  $143 was higher than our agreed to limit.  It was fun trying.  Now my son has his Friday afternoon to himself.  

Let's try it again some time.

I have a pair of Karlson clones (pretty rough) that you can have. FOB if that helps lol

Thanks James, but I'll pass.  Dave was primarily interested in the hardware, while I was mostly curious about the records, much less so about the speaker.  His curiosity topped out around $100; mine was much lower.  Had my high bid of $133 won, we would have prevailed upon my son in DC to collect the stuff and get it to Michigan.  After cleaning and ripping to FLAC any interesting records, the Sansui, Peak and records would have been off to St. Louis.

It was fun trying.  The best part was speaking with Dave by phone.

• Like 1