Receiver with good networking wanted

stygz

My Denon AVR2100x has been very unreliable as far as wifi, Ethernet, BT, and recently Airplay. AirPlay gets static sounding when I move just a few feet away from the avr. Just the other day I could not get the AVR to Conner via NT to my new iPhone 7. The iPhone connects perfectly to my car and Bose bt speaker. Anyway I am looking to move to a different avr that will suit my needs better. I am looking at Yamaha aventage series or an onkyo. I am running RF62, RC62, reference in ceiling surrounds, SVS PC2000 x1. Budget is $750. Who seems to have the best connectivity currently? I like Yamaha but seem to get more power and thx cert. on the onkyo for less money.

I am a bit biased towards Pioneer Elite myself.  Their new LX line just came out, which means you should be able to find their recent SC line of Elite receivers for cheap.  I have an SC-91, which when new last year was $1000, but my guess is the price hopefully dropped.  Has ATMOS, and Wi-Fi.  Connects wirelessly to all major forms of devices.  I recommend taking a look to see if pricing has dropped to where you would like it.  Very clean sound, that tends to be less processed depending on source, which pairs nicely with my Klipsch Reference Prem. system. 

I can go anywhere in my two level home an not lose connectivity from my phone.  PM if you would like any details from me

I have been looking at a new receiver as well, but this seems to be a subject of Pros and Cons in the sub $1000 avr market. Denon's have network issues, Onkyos have HDMI handoff issues, haven't seen too much about the Pioneer's but will look. Crutchfield has a Marantz SR6010 for a grand, but damn that seems like a lot of money for an AVR. It's hard to pull the trigger without really knowing much. I have an old Sony that is outdated in every way, but mostly it just sounds like crap. Interested in this topic cause I was about to post a similar "need a new avr thread".

I haven't checked myself, but as stated, the new Pioneer Elite line recently came out e.g. SC-LX901...I recommend looking for SC-91 or higher.  Do some research based on your preferences.  The SC line from 2015 still has ATMOS and all the network goodies.  May possibly be cheaper.  Just an idea.