Klipsch La Scala (Industrial Finish)-Chicago

jayu969

I don't know, they don't look all that bad, not great photos either, lots of dust.  Never ceases to amaze me how some folks won't take just 30 seconds to wipe something off with a cloth or dust mop before taking photos....I'd offer a firm $650, but that would be it, and no, I don't want/need them either....

2 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

These are literally 15 minutes from me if anyone wants me to check these out. I personally wouldn't pay $800 for those in that condition. Where's Matthews, he can give us a more realistic offer?

Mark

I think I generally agree with you, Mark.  I like the industrial look, but I am out of the majority in that way,  I like the aluminum trim which these don't have.

They don't really have any visible physical damage, but there are a lot of dings and places that need touch up paint.  Commercial units are usually run hard so I would always suspect a driver or two might be blown.  They may have a smoking-type smell which would devalue them by hundreds for home use.

For me personally $500 or $600 would be tops.  There is a smaller market for the industrial models for people wanting to put them in homes vis-a-vis those wanting the nicer finished home models.

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I think I generally agree with you, Mark.  I like the industrial look, but I am out of the majority in that way,  I like the aluminum trim which these don't have.

They don't really have any visible physical damage, but there are a lot of dings and places that need touch up paint.  Commercial units are usually run hard so I would always suspect a driver or two might be blown.  They may have a smoking-type smell which would devalue them by hundreds for home use.

For me personally $500 or $600 would be tops.  There is a smaller market for the industrial models for people wanting to put them in homes vis-a-vis those wanting the nicer finished home models.

Dave,

Have you had ANY luck with Craig on those drivers?

I haven't heard anything from you, so I have to guess not

Mark

5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I don't know, they don't look all that bad, not great photos either, lots of dust.  Never ceases to amaze me how some folks won't take just 30 seconds to wipe something off with a cloth or dust mop before taking photos....I'd offer a firm $650, but that would be it, and no, I don't want/need them either....

I prefer the look and sound that was coming out of your splits

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Dave,

Have you had ANY luck with Craig on those drivers?

I haven't heard anything from you, so I have to guess not

Yeah thanks Mark, for alerting me to that.  You know how I am quick to over react to things.  It turns out I talked to Craig.  He told me you had some extra pairs of drivers you were willing to send me for the cost of shipping.

Thanks, buddy!   :D:D