Find the Danley DTS-10

Coytee

Title says it all.

Not sure what the prize should be....  perhaps a martini created by Carl....  or a free pick from the Klipsch museum....  maybe lunch with Roy.

Know that the room isn't done yet (closet doors not yet hung, wife is stymied trying to find the 'perfect' hinge for them) and yes, there is a jar of peanut butter on the table.

Speaker.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

The soda can would likely explode if the DTS-10 was under it.  LOL  If it was, it would have to be inside the flooring too since the DTS-10 is so massive.  I don't think the coffee table is wide enough to accommodate.  I'm curious to find out where it is.  I'm also jealous too.  Would love to hear one someday.

47 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Is it built into the fireplace?

BOOM!

We had a spot for a ventless fireplace.  Wife didn't like the metal firebox, decided to make one out of masonry.  Putting a Danely there was NEVER a thought until the very end.  It dawned on me that this was going to be dead air space, said something (probably snide) to the wife about "hey, we could put a Danley in there....and she said "fine"

HUH?

Measured...and it looked like it would just fit.  (look at picture 7, you can see how close it was and again, this was NOT by design, just lucked into it)

My shoulder surgery kept me from moving it.  Her cousin and his daughters husband & couple friends hoisted it in there for me.

Now the fancy part?

My wife has done 99% of this.

Yes, I mean to say, as I sat my fat (it's not really fat) decrepit (it is decrepit) azz on the couch with one arm in a sling, unable to lift a slice of bread....she made this.

I did do a couple things but she really gets all the credit.

If you look at the pictures in numerical order, you will see the basic progress.  (not sure they're going to post in numerical order)

Took the grate off the speaker, set it into place.  Put another sheet of plywood in FRONT of it as a false wall, routed out the hole for the grate and inserted the grate in the false wall.

Needs dialed in but so far, the building part of it has gone very nice.

Also, the whole lower front of the mantle is removable by taking 4 screws out so I'll have access in the future to the panel on the speaker to inspect/replace the drivers if need be. 

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

I think he has LaScalas in the walls with covers too IIRC

Yes, and (ironically) I was ill at the time, unable to do much work and the wife did 100% of the trim work to hide them!

They're in the back wall.

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

• Like 2