Klipsch RB-5 and Panasonic SA-XR70...

SilverSport

Picked up a nice pair of RB-5s on the Forum (thanks dm465531) and just now hooked them up to a Panasonic SA-XR70 digital HT receiver set up for 2 channel...using the COAX connection for CD and listening to some Pink Floyd The Endless River...

Very clean sounding speakers with nice punch...I'm usually a Heritage guy but I must say that these Reference RB-5s are a really nice sounding speaker...clean with nice bass about a third less size than my kg2s and smaller still than Heresys (but with more bass)...

Just thought I'd share...I plan to try the Bi-Wire/Bi-Amp function with these speakers but I'm in no hurry to get there just yet...

Highly recommended...both the RB-5s and dm465531...even if you like Heritage...I know Steve Phillips is happy ;)

Bill

11 hours ago, silversport said:

Picked up a nice pair of RB-5s on the Forum (thanks dm465531) and just now hooked them up to a Panasonic SA-XR70 digital HT receiver set up for 2 channel...using the COAX connection for CD and listening to some Pink Floyd The Endless River...

Very clean sounding speakers with nice punch...I'm usually a Heritage guy but I must say that these Reference RB-5s are a really nice sounding speaker...clean with nice bass about a third less size than my kg2s and smaller still than Heresys (but with more bass)...

Just thought I'd share...I plan to try the Bi-Wire/Bi-Amp function with these speakers but I'm in no hurry to get there just yet...

Highly recommended...both the RB-5s and dm465531...even if you like Heritage...I know Steve Phillips is happy ;)

Bill

You know Bill, it is okay to admit you like Reference speakers as well since this is a Klipsch forum and not just a Klipsch Heritage forum.;):P

Seriously, congrats on the RB-5's.  They really do impress and I would put them up against just about any similar sized "bookshelf" speakers from any other mfr.  My mahogany pair is in "sale pending" status right now but the only reason I am selling them is because my cherry RB-75's just can't be knocked off of their thrones.

If you really want to enhance the sound of the RB-5's, find yourself a nice sealed 10"(or other size if preferred) subwoofer and crossover at around 50Hz or so and you will swear you are listening to a nice pair of tower speakers, a la RF-5's.

Enjoy my friend.

Bill

• Like 2

thanks guys...Bill, I can imagine that the only Klipsch "bookshelf" speakers to knock off the RB-5 would be the RB-75s...enjoy those...I'm listening to Diana Krall right now and the sound is so clean and tight...I know whomever bought your Mahogany RB-5s will love that finish (mine are Black Satin)...

S'Funny but while waiting for mine to arrive, willand, oldenough and Audio Flynn's prior posts on RB-5s gave me a lot of information to absorb...thanks!

Bill

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, silversport said:

Bill, I can imagine that the only Klipsch "bookshelf" speakers to knock off the RB-5 would be the RB-75s...enjoy those

They do win the contest but not by a huge margin.  The RB-5's perform way above their pay grade.

I'm listening to Diana Krall right now and the sound is so clean and tight..

Her music will definitely bring out the RB-5's best attributes.

I know whomever bought your Mahogany RB-5s will love that finish (mine are Black Satin)...

They are beautiful, much better condition than my last pair of mahogany RB-5's.  I too owned a pair in black. 

Bill

• Like 1

I have two mint condition console stereo cabinets from the 50s. Motorola and Grundig contracted some pretty great furniture pieces.

My wife would like me to retrofit / upgrade one of them with Scott 208 and RB-5s when we get our master bedroom built.

I am not big on consoles for soundstage of course but ladies like a little beauty associated with audio.

• Like 1