Quartets in Chicago $400

ZEUS121996

2 minutes ago, moray james said:

oak in that picture. people don't always use actual photos of goods that might be a reason for concern?

I agree Moray, I have a pair already and I think they blow the Heresy away especially with the passive. If anyone is interested, let me know, I have a text message in to him for more info

Mark

1 minute ago, oldred said:

I guess it's just me being cheap...... Again

I wouldn't say cheap.  I do think people mistake the best price that they have seen on a pair of speakers for the going rate.

(The best price I have seen for quartets in the Chicago area is $150).

There is a big difference between "I saw a pair listed for $___" and "I bought a pair for $___."

If it is a steal of a price, often it goes for more.  Either the person will hold them or people get swamped with calls/emails and raise the price.

I have been on both sides, buying and selling.  Personally, I don't contact a person unless I am willing to pay the asking price.

I don't offer less unless it says OBO or it has been sitting there for a while. 

That being said, with patience there some great deals that come up (not many lately around Chicago). 

However, you may have to cast a wide net and be willing to (quickly) drive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

I wouldn't say cheap.  I do think people mistake the best price that they have seen on a pair of speakers for the going rate.

(The best price I have seen for quartets in the Chicago area is $150).

There is a big difference between "I saw a pair listed for $___" and "I bought a pair for $___."

If it is a steal of a price, often it goes for more.  Either the person will hold them or people get swamped with calls/emails and raise the price.

I have been on both sides, buying and selling.  Personally, I don't contact a person unless I am willing to pay the asking price.

I don't offer less unless it says OBO or it has been sitting there for a while. 

That being said, with patience there some great deals that come up (not many lately around Chicago). 

However, you may have to cast a wide net and be willing to (quickly) drive.

I kind of think of buying on CL / Ebay / this forum a little differently. Unless the price is fantastic ...I usually never go for asking price. As far a waiting. Usually the things we are interested in never last more than the first week or so. Have I paid asking price??? Yea a couple of times . Check out the Chorus II's I got 2 weeks ago....refinished the cabinets.....I offered 10% less than asking price..... should be SWEET when finished

G.E.M.

WP_20160926_002.jpg

9 hours ago, oldred said:

I kind of think of buying on CL / Ebay / this forum a little differently. Unless the price is fantastic ...I usually never go for asking price. As far a waiting. Usually the things we are interested in never last more than the first week or so. Have I paid asking price??? Yea a couple of times . Check out the Chorus II's I got 2 weeks ago....refinished the cabinets.....I offered 10% less than asking price..... should be SWEET when finished

G.E.M.

WP_20160926_002.jpg

If you'd rather have Oak, I'd trade you