How many pills do you take per day?

homeskizzle

Backstory as to my question - I just spent the past 4 days with my mom and 3 of her 4 siblings (54yrs through 62yrs, 1 male, 3 females, 1 female not present) at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I turned 29 earlier this month. For some reason, I was shocked to hear how many pills each of my aunts and uncles take per day. The lowest was my mom with 3 (1 multivitamin and 2 for blood pressure) all the way up to 20 pills per day for my aunt who believes in alternative medicine from her holistic chiropractor who advises her to take all-natural pills. My mom is the only sibling who exercises at all. Apart from my mom, the others took at least 10 pills per day for various issues. 

I take a multivitamin, two glucosamine capsule (for joints), a high number of saw palmetto extract, and a fish oil capsule. Seems to work for me... While organics and such are still chemicals, I don't take and prescriptions or other OTC drugs daily, like NSAIDS... No statins, etc..., and I am 67.

Bruce

• Like 1

1 Omeprazole, an aspirin, 1 Allegra, 4 250 mg vitamin B, an Ambien with 8-10 benadryl to sleep

Oh and 15-18 Advil with 12-15 Acetominiphine, those two vary on how my monthly supply of Norco are holding up.

I know, I know, Advil is bad for your stomach and Tylenol is bad for your liver

Combining them all, I call it a milkshake

Mark

30 minutes ago, rummy said:

Three pills a day for now.  Offed for pulmonary fibrosis., prednisone, and a new one to help me sleep,  temazepam.  I also use a nebulizer three times a day.  I am 61.  I hope I make it to 63.   

I'm 63 rummy and the water's fine. Come on in.

IMG_0684.JPG

3 hours ago, Ski Bum said:

Zero.

There is a special place in Hell for those "holistic chiropractors" who have gullible old ladies chasing their tails taking twenty mystery pills per day.

It probably keeps her off the real stuff, though, just from the psychological effect.

0 pills.  I am 48.  I exercise a lot in hopes to never have to start taking anything.

9 hours ago, Ski Bum said:

Zero.

There is a special place in Hell for those "holistic chiropractors" who have gullible old ladies chasing their tails taking twenty mystery pills per day.

I disagree, with some qualifications... They may or may not be mystery pills. For instance, I take glucosamine w/msm. Helps me a lot with joint pain. BUT, like many maintenance supplements, you can't tell you are taking them but you certainly can tell when you stop.

13 hours ago, homeskizzle said:

at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I turned 29 earlier this month. For some reason, I was shocked to hear how many pills each of my aunts and uncles take per day. The lowest was my mom with 3 (1 multivitamin and 2 for blood pressure) all the way up to 20 pills per day

20 pills per day is average for Myrtle Beach.

I take two, but the ones that mother gives me don't do anything at all.  

• Like 1