How many pills do you take per day?

homeskizzle

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

4 different blood pressure meds, 1 prescription generic prilosec. Plus temporarily on muscle relaxers and 800mg ibuprofen for back pain (degenerative verts). 

I switched to a Teeter for back pain.

JJK

• Like 2

On 9/26/2016 at 12:15 AM, Jeff Matthews said:

It probably keeps her off the real stuff, though, just from the psychological effect.

0 pills.  I am 48.  I exercise a lot in hopes to never have to start taking anything.

Same here.  Funny seeing two of us do this in our profession as overall a very unhealthy group.

17 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Zero up until about 8 months ago........   I'm 57 yrs. and now take 3 prescription med's for (2) Blood Pressure & (1) Cholesterol.   Also consume about a hell of a lot of chile, (Pequin, Serrano, Jalapeno and Habanero based salsas).  My poor assshole is shot and woreout, but their trying to save my heart.

All kidding aside, try one of these.  After 33 years of hemorrhoids they have seemed to stop no matter what I eat.

https://www.amazon.com/Squatty-Potty-Original-Bathroom-Toilet/dp/B00ESKVN7W

It takes a big kink in the line out and gives everything a straight shot.  Bawooooshhh!!! 

12 different prescription meds -- will possibly be fewer in the future, if I can get beyond a couple of illness (nothing death dealing).

4 different kinds of vitamin, mineral, omega 3 pills.

My wife and I exercise to music, from  In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida to Beethoven (esp the finale of the 7th).   We found that the music helps us exercise regularly (without, not successful).

We were in our teens and twenties in the 1960s.  I had brewer's yeast, wheat germ, cashew butter, carrot juice (sometimes Ma Revolution brand, with a Granny holding a shotgun on the label), and vitamin supplements, etc. from the Food Mill (Oakland's landmark organic food store).  We were both non-smokers and light drinkers, but partook sparingly of the weed.  One or the other of us may have tried the magic mushroom, niacin, etc.

Fromimage.png.343c29cf48ce842891bb25d98a02376d.png

To

image.png.b4a0d85d4e982469f2bf5fe544458fa1.png  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

All kidding aside, try one of these.  After 33 years of hemorrhoids they have seemed to stop no matter what I eat.

https://www.amazon.com/Squatty-Potty-Original-Bathroom-Toilet/dp/B00ESKVN7W

It takes a big kink in the line out and gives everything a straight shot.  Bawooooshhh!!! 

Does she come with it?

71zbML2bvVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Thyroid, BP and cholesterol .....To many....

Since last week my primary doc says I'm fine for my age...

Wrenched my lower back last week. Today i went to a Chiropractor...

To kill the lower back pain....Walmart aspirin, some smoke and some drink...

Chiropractor will see me again tomorrow...

adjustments done today confirmed my right leg is shorter than the left...The catch in my GiddyUp

shortness is not what I went in for...LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I meant attorneys.  Sitting at a desk, eating bad food and being stressed out is not good for you. 

Sorry to hear about the hereditary condition.  That stinks.

It really does. I did all this super clean living my whole life only to be handed a disease that will eventually take it. Only solace I have now is all that clean living is the reason why I'm still alive.

42 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

It really does. I did all this super clean living my whole life only to be handed a disease that will eventually take it. Only solace I have now is all that clean living is the reason why I'm still alive.

that does suck and i’m sorry to hear about this.  not meaning to be nosy; but are you able to get around and enjoy life currently?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

that does suck and i’m sorry to hear about this.  not meaning to be nosy; but are you able to get around and enjoy life currently?

Somewhat. I'm mobile but when it comes time to take meds, eat on a strict diet and schedule or eat in a emergency there's no asking someone to allow me to do it. I'm either allowed or become a marter to prove it. I've had Type I Diabetes since 96' and the insullin I was on since then stopped working. Along with a whole new rewright of my regiment, the insullin drugs I'm on now are flat out dangerous. 6-weeks after being on the new meds I almost died with reading in only the teens.

The old meds and supplies (I paid for all out of pocket) was about $600/yr. The new regiment is well over $10,000/yr. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Somewhat. I'm mobile but when it comes time to take meds, eat on a strict diet and schedule or eat in a emergency there's no asking someone to allow me to do it. I'm either allowed or become a marter to prove it. I've had Type I Diabetes since 96' and the insullin I was on since then stopped working. Along with a whole new rewright of my regiment, the insullin drugs I'm on now are flat out dangerous. 6-weeks after being on the new meds I almost died with reading in only the teens.

The old meds and supplies (I paid for all out of pocket) was about $600/yr. The new regiment is well over $10,000/yr. 

i’ll be praying that things get better for you.  dealing with that must be rough and frustrating.

• Like 2

After the Liver transplant I took a lot but now 8 years later only take 5 in morning and 1 at night at 61. In summer I cycle 25 -30 miles a day I have done 2000 miles every year since transplant. Probably one of the reasons I got the transplant so fast cause I was in good shape and hospitals want successes to put in their win column.

In about 2012 I bought a rice cooker and started buying 40 pounds of Nishiki brown rice at the Chinese market. Now mostly 80 % vegetarian because all the stuff they feed animals is probably killing us. Not to mention very bad for the Earths health. 

• Like 2

Gees, at age 50 I started falling to pieces(bad back , arthritis, allergies ). Now at 61, I take 14 pills daily(high blood pressure, diabetes, severe back issues and a few others), 4 shots daily(diabetes)and 3 shots weekly for allergies. It's mostly my fault. If I'd get off my lazy arse and loose a few pounds I could drop some of these pills. 

D