How many pills do you take per day?

homeskizzle

7 hours ago, ricktate said:

After the Liver transplant I took a lot but now 8 years later only take 5 in morning and 1 at night at 61. In summer I cycle 25 -30 miles a day I have done 2000 miles every year since transplant. Probably one of the reasons I got the transplant so fast cause I was in good shape and hospitals want successes to put in their win column.

Congrats on getting the new filter! Woke up from getting mine on 4-1-01 at the time and with that pain thought it was the biggest April Fool's joke. I'm down to the one mg immuno, the BP Rx that is a result of the immuno for ten years. Take supplements to make up for not eating right three times a day every day. I was in great shape otherwise but it took 19 months on the list in Tampa, FL. When labs were done thrice a week that first year saw two that I was acquainted with not make it.

• 1 year later...

Just an aside:  in Canada, it’s illegal to advertise prescription drugs on TV (or radio, too, I think).  This is to prevent patients from self-prescribing by seeing an ad and then demanding that their doc give them the wonder drug they’ve seen advertised dozens of times.  Rather than lose a patient, the doc will sometimes go along with it, and then the patient’s health could end up being at risk.

Hearing the long lists of possible side effects (strange fevers and inflammations, death, etc.  DEATH???) is amusing and creepy at the same time.  How desperate would a person have to be before they beg for a drug that they know only by its ad campaign?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Just an aside:  in Canada, it’s illegal to advertise prescription drugs on TV (or radio, too, I think).  

Hearing the long lists of possible side effects (strange fevers and inflammations, death, etc.  DEATH???) is amusing and creepy at the same time.  How desperate would a person have to be before they beg for a drug that they know only by its ad campaign?

Good Gawd. If that were the case in the US of A the network nightly news shows would have No sponsors - . Although that does paint a rosy picture - 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, richieb said:

Good Gawd. If that were the case in the US of A the network nightly news shows would have No sponsors - . Although that does paint a rosy picture - 

Instead of ads for prescription drugs, we get ads from the president of the electricians’ union, looking for workers, or mattress and furniture store ads, brake and muffler shops, grocery store chains.  The usual, right?

BC is a bit short-handed for workers in several specialties.  Years ago, there was no work here, so many BC workers moved to Alberta and started new lives there.  Now there’s lots of work here, with condo towers popping up on every former parking lot.  We still have some multi-level parking lots, but the typical ground-level ones are nearly all gone.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:37 AM, ricktate said:

In about 2012 I bought a rice cooker and started buying 40 pounds of Nishiki brown rice at the Chinese market.

Superb rice... a Japanese brand. Very healthy, too.

2 hours ago, ricktate said:

Nishiki is a product of the USA. A lot of rice comes from USA Missouri in particular. 

True, although grown in California it is a product of JFC (Japan Food Crporation), a subsididiary of Kikkoman, a Japanese company.

My point was the humor of the Chinese market selling a Japanese brand. We get ours at a store that is named Asian Food & Gifts, and they have products, as most do, from a multitude of asian countries.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, richieb said:

Oh, but in America, we take it a step further with the ads - these literally say ""ask your doctor if Fukitol is right for you", and it's so ubiquitous that Comedian Bill Maher will look into the camera and say as a joke to the audience (as he advocates for legal cannabis) "ask your doctor if cannabis is right for you" - as a comedic thing, AND also in a sort of literal sense. And the viewer completely "gets" both "sides" of the observation, because that phraseology is as present in drug ads as stop signs are on city streets.

Bill Maher also reminds us that you can get all of the drugs you want in America - legally in fact - so long as you "let the professionals do it." That's why it's "ask your doctor........."

One of the few things that actually work for me besides aspirin are Bayer Back & Body pain for the gout when it acts up. Two 500 mlg. capsules every 6 hours and the gout is gone the next day. The stomach get s bit cranky though.

JJK

Got a serious issue with blood pressure-3 different pills a day-2 AM-1 PM. And a baby aspirin before bedtime. Don't like it but I'd be dead without it. Killed my Uncle and contributed to Dad's early demise. Only male in the family to make it past 42 w/o a heart attack or stroke. Been living on borrowed time going on 35 years now. No complaints.................well none that would matter.

Of all the people that take Zero, I wonder how many have doctors that they see regularly (once or twice a year)?

I take two (2) for blood pressure, then also One-A-Day vitamin and baby bayer asprin