How many pills do you take per day?

homeskizzle

On 7/4/2021 at 6:06 AM, Audible Nectar said:

Oh, but in America, we take it a step further with the ads - these literally say ""ask your doctor if Fukitol is right for you", and it's so ubiquitous that Comedian Bill Maher will look into the camera and say as a joke to the audience (as he advocates for legal cannabis) "ask your doctor if cannabis is right for you" - as a comedic thing, AND also in a sort of literal sense. And the viewer completely "gets" both "sides" of the observation, because that phraseology is as present in drug ads as stop signs are on city streets.

Bill Maher also reminds us that you can get all of the drugs you want in America - legally in fact - so long as you "let the professionals do it." That's why it's "ask your doctor........."

Here in Canada, as usual, things are a bit different.  I suffer chronic and sometimes severe nerve pain, due to a spinal cord injury (SCI).  Over the years, two different family doctors of mine asked me if I’d tried cannabis, and recommended that I give it a try.  My doctors asked me if I thought cannabis was right for me.  This was when it was only legal for medical use, before it became legal for recreational use across the country, with legal “bud bars” outnumbering Starbucks now, at least in my town.  No stigma here, it seems.

• Moderators
On 7/4/2021 at 9:10 AM, Fish said:

Zombie thread discussing peoples medical issues...Klipsch...you go girl......

2nd post where you accuse Klipsch of being in a conspiracy on medicine/vaccinations. It's the views of members, not Klipsch. You can stay out of this thread as well.

10 minutes ago, Islander said:

Here in Canada, as usual, things are a bit different.  I suffer chronic and sometimes severe nerve pain, due to a spinal cord injury (SCI).  Over the years, two different family doctors of mine asked me if I’d tried cannabis, and recommended that I give it a try.  My doctors asked me if I thought cannabis was right for me.  This was when it was only legal for medical use, before it became legal for recreational use across the country, with legal “bud bars” outnumbering Starbucks now, at least in my town.  No stigma here, it seems.

The problem in America is that we (re: this subject) sell drugs instead of solutions. Meds can be a part of the solution but we don't really get in depth in a lot of cases (save for palliative type angles). Like "causes" as an example, which I am convinced that addressing causes brings less need for meds generally.

When we take away the stigma and discuss openly all possible solutions to an issue, we get more sensible, evidence based answers. I'm one who has forgotten more about chronic pain than most will ever know, and understood decades ago what cannabis could do. In fact, it probably prevented me from becoming an addict with regard to other substances (which I've always had a healthy respect for), because any doc (and several did) would in part suggest pain relievers being available for a pair of legs with such obvious roadmaps and surgical history as mine. You would never be able to convince a prospective employer of this, but cannabis has made me infinitely more productive than I would ever be without it, because save for a straight up desk job I would be unable to do the work everyday. Pain management plus weight management has done wonders for what I can now actually do, even pouring concrete and building retaining walls in some cases. And now that you can pick specific strains (think what a paint palette display at a home improvement store would translate to cannabis) and you'll understand how many "degrees" there are WRT medicinal properties of that stuff.

So for me, cannabis was a solution, as was weight management and other health factors. I learned how to take some control over my body, which I had a good number of issues with before. My mobility depends on it.

Save for a rare few-day stint on meds (like wisdom teeth pulled/other surgery) I don't take/use anything else, save for coffee, and that makes things pretty simple.

• Like 3

I'm not and have never been a member of facebook, twitter (though I have read tweets ), or any other forum. Joined this forum for sense of community with those who share common interest, info and varied points of view. It's as if certain posters are deliberately attempting to shut-down threads. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Subway said:

I'm not and have never been a member of facebook, twitter (though I have read tweets ), or any other forum. Joined this forum for sense of community with those who share common interest, info and varied points of view. It's as if certain posters are deliberately attempting to shut-down threads. 

There are one or two “crap-disturbers” in any group of people you may put together.  They amuse themselves by aggravating other people.  The best thing to do is ignore them, no matter how many of your buttons they manage to push.  For them, more misery inflicted = more fun for them.  As the Internet rule says, Don’t Feed the Trolls. 

29 minutes ago, Subway said:

Ha! I joined the Klipsch Forum for the same reason and found alot of interesting people here who broadened my horizons in political discussions. {Edited}

Edited by Zen Traveler
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Ha! I joined the Klipsch Forum for the same reason and found alot of interesting people here who broadened my horizons in political discussions. {Edited}

Are you stating you risked thread(s), which were enjoyed by other participants than yourself,  being shut down by discussing politics?

If so, doesn't this confirm my original statement?

Again, rhetorical questions.

I'm done with this and won't reply.  

A sincere best wishes Zen.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Subway said:

re you stating you risked thread(s), which were enjoyed by other participants than yourself,  being shut down by discussing politics?

If so, doesn't this confirm my original statement?

No. None of that--I was invited to join a private "Family"  of Klipsch forum members who had gotten close here and at pilgrimages and we enjoyed discussing politics for almost 15 years on here until a couple of bad apples got it closed down. There were more posts in that subforum than on the main one and it kept some of us oldtimers here to help the newbies. It actually was in the spirit of Paul Klipsch who seemed to also like giving his opinion on non-audio things. {EDIT Note: If you are talking about the latest thread that was closed, notice it wasn't me who brought up politics even though I was the last one who commented.}

42 minutes ago, Subway said:

I'm done with this and won't reply.  

A sincere best wishes Zen.

No need to reply and best wishes back attcha.  

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:26 PM, Subway said:

Are you stating you risked thread(s), which were enjoyed by other participants than yourself,  being shut down by discussing politics?

<snip>

On 7/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, Zen Traveler said:

No. <snip>

That ^^ is too funny. 

Subway, hang around and you'll see who the team players and game players are. Hopefully the game players will stop their bs. 

• Confused 1

~ 5 years after the op, still zero pills.

I can't say the same for my gf. Long story short: I believed she was doing what she needed and what the Dr, said, until she texted me goodbye. Shortly there after, I carried her bloody blob into the ER. They kept her for the mandatory 7 days. I hate drugs and cancer.  

• Like 1

One to make me larger, one to make me smaller.

I always thought that medicine came in liquid form.  Although,  I was being really funny with one liners one night and this guy called me "a pill".

• Like 1

An aunt's brother in law lived close by her that was convalescent. When he passed they took his hospital bed away.

In the corner by his head was a pile of pills. Enough to stock a pharmacy. Was ripe old age.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 1:58 PM, babadono said:

Thank God...66 and no daily intake of prescription meds...... although I did need some excedrin at the last pilgrimage...Thanks Slushie man.

You're only 66? Not bad...