Splitting 4k hdmi output to receiver and tv?

BluBitRates

I tried several Monoprice splitters when I finally decided that I wanted to play 3D BD on my projector.  I couldn't get them to work.  There were handshaking issues from the receiver to the Sony player I had that prevented splitting the signal.  Handshaking only allowed one protocol at a time.   I lieu of buying a new receiver, I bought a Panasonic BD player that had dual outputs that accommodate this issue.  I know it doesn't solve your problem. I did see other more expensive splitters advertised that I didn't try, but the Panasonic BD player solved my issue at a price point I liked.  Do a search on HD Splitters or 2.2 HDMI splitters.  It will have to be one that can handshake with multiple HDMI protocols.  Good luck. 

You can send it through the receiver just use pass through and no image processing in the receiver.  It wont make the image worse.  Many use processing in receivers to upscale....you dont need it.  Your tv will do its own.  So put through hdmi but find setting in receiver to use pass through no processing.  

On October 1, 2016 at 8:38 PM, RoboKlipsch said:

You can send it through the receiver just use pass through and no image processing in the receiver.  It wont make the image worse.  Many use processing in receivers to upscale....you dont need it.  Your tv will do its own.  So put through hdmi but find setting in receiver to use pass through no processing.  

I am not sure this is an option to retain full 4k as my receiver does not have the proper hdmi classification for this.  As to the other person who metioned optical.  Yes, this is what i will have to do if there is not alternative, i will be missing out on high definition sound then though. 

18 hours ago, BluBitRates said:

I am not sure this is an option to retain full 4k as my receiver does not have the proper hdmi classification for this.  As to the other person who metioned optical.  Yes, this is what i will have to do if there is not alternative, i will be missing out on high definition sound then though. 

You're right -- you do have to check that particular model to see if it can pass through a 4k signal.