RIP Arnold

jimjimbo

I walked along with Arnold, Jack, Tom Watson and Johnny Miller some years back at the opening of Harbor Shores Golf Club in Benton Harbor, MI.  Steamy hot day, and a long, long, almost unwalkable course....They all gave a short clinic before playing their 18 hole exhibition, and Arnold was sure to bring up a young person from the crowd to shake their hand and give a bit of personal instruction.  He walked the first 9 holes, however, after that had to ride in a cart, but along the way, he gave everyone his signature "thumbs up", signed autographs, talked and joked with the gallery, and was just enormously pleasant the entire time, even given the heat, humidity and large crowd.  A great golfer, and a better person.

• Like 1

As fine a man as there ever was!  He had an aura that will never be matched and the world will truly miss this great man!  I was fortunate enough to shake his hand on a couple occasions and quite often, while on the course, I ask myself what would Arnie do!  I suppose I always will.

• Like 1

I'm not a golf fan, and only a lukewarm occasional follower at best.  but he was someone that I had a lot of respect for.  a good ambassador for sports in general, and seems like a great one for the sport of golf.  will surely be missed.  RIP sir.

• Like 1