Debate tonight

jimjimbo

Will you be watching the debate tonight?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the Presidential debate tonight, 9PM EST?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'll be watching the football game
    • There's a debate?

5 hours ago, oldenough said:

The whole world is laughing it's head off at the prospect of a certain reality show host winning the presidency of the USofA...It has also unfortunately reinforced the worlds stereotypical view of Americans in general...A sad day for America, and indeed for democracy itself...

The take away is that the people are so sick of our politicians that we want someone, anyone to fix it. It should be a wake up call to Congress and other elected officials. And democracy doesn't work when the ones voting think they can spend themselves out of debt.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, oldenough said:

The whole world is laughing it's head off at the prospect of a certain reality show host winning the presidency of the USofA...It has also unfortunately reinforced the worlds stereotypical view of Americans in general...A sad day for America, and indeed for democracy itself...

What was the world thinking when Reagan was running for president? Of course, he had already been a governor, and at least acted presidential.  I haven't watched any of the debates...

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Yea, +1.  :sad:  I think you speak for a LOT of people.

I'm usually a political junkie but this whole last part of the process with the endless, meaningless personal attacks and THOUSANDS of Wikileaks emails has me completely overwhelmed and disgusted with the blatant corruption.

I'm working on a little DIY speaker project tonight and watching the Cubs/Dodgers instead of watching Debate #3.

+++

And just to be clear Zen:  I'm watching the game not because I don't care about the POTUS, I'm not watching because I DO care.  I am enthusiastically voting for my candidate.  I just find the entire system rigged and that depresses me, and disgusts me that my fellow Americans will vote for such a corrupt candidate.

Thanks for the shoutout but I've been warned not to comment regardless of how political the rest of you get. ;) That said, I am offended that WikiLeaks has so much influence on our election this year--That said, now that it's out there I guess on the appropriate format it will be discussed.

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

What was the world thinking when Reagan was running for president? Of course, he had already been a governor, and at least acted presidential.  I haven't watched any of the debates...

For some reason I couldn't post the quote you were referring to but most will agree that Ronald Reagan  doesn't resemble anyone running this election. For the record, I've watched all 3 debates and found them highly enlightening--Btw, I refuse to use the Report button because I think people should be allowed to express their political views but understand why it's not allowed on the Klipsch Forum.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oldenough said:

The whole world is laughing it's head off it's head off at the prospect of a certain reality show host winning the presidency of the USofA.. (snip)

President Regan was an actor for many years.  Being on-air is not a dis-qualifier for being a candidate for office. 

I scan various channels on the net because I like to get some perspective from those outside our borders.  I haven't seen "the world" laughing its head off. 

Quite the reverse, international observers have an immense respect for the American election system which is the finest in the world, and if anything they seem quite concerned that one candidate can RIG an election, get caught doing it, then become dismayed that American voters would favor this person for their president.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:42 PM, Steve_S said:

Folks, Just love one another that is all you have to do......

I have no idea why this is the quote that keeps getting displayed even though I didn't want to use it.

7 minutes ago, oldenough said:

I would guess that we are being allowed some lee-way on this topic because we are acting (so far) in a respectful manner.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

That's an oxy, you moron.

Funny. My guess is you haven't been warned like I have but then again some things are just rigged.  LOL!

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Funny. My guess is you haven't been warned like I have but then again some things are just rigged.  LOL!

Russians!

The reason that text that you didn't want to quote stays there is because you started to quote it at some earlier point.  The system remembers that text for quite a long time actually - that is, until you manually delete it and post something else.

I thought it was a bug, but now that I understand it, it is really kind of useful.

• Haha 1