What's everyone think of the Bose qc35?

AaronB123

I'm currently in the market for  some new Bluetooth headphones and usually I wouldn't look at Bose I know there generally overpriced and all that but at best buy I tried them out and was pleasantly surprised. They do seem to get very rave reviews. 

For a price range of around 350 what would you guys recommend? They'd  have to be Bluetooth that's a must. 

I'm not the world's expert, but I would expect for ~$350 you should have some pretty good choices.  We've got some pretty serious headphone users here so I expect they will weigh-in soon.

At that price point, do you need to consider a headphone amp for maximum performance?

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm not the world's expert, but I would expect for ~$350 you should have some pretty good choices.  We've got some pretty serious headphone users here so I expect they will weigh-in soon.

At that price point, do you need to consider a headphone amp for maximum performance?

I would just be using them for my iPhone no amp or anything like that. Pretty much all Bluetooth use. 

8 hours ago, Honeybadger said:

I thought they sounded really good, but you picked the wrong crowd if your shopping Bose.

HB

I agree but here's the thing, I just bought a 4,000 dollar TV from bestbuy plus a new receiver so I got about 200 dollars in bestbuy rewards so I figure why not buy some nice headphones. Bose really seems to be the best ones they have, As you can see I am a die hard Klipsch fan if you take a look at my sig but unfortunately they don't really have any Klipsch headphones at best buy other than wired ones which i can't use because these would be primarily gym use. 

It was pretty much between the Bose, and Beat's and I thought the Bose took it especially with the noise cancelling. 

3 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

I agree but here's the thing, I just bought a 4,000 dollar TV from bestbuy plus a new receiver so I got about 200 dollars in bestbuy rewards so I figure why not buy some nice headphones. Bose really seems to be the best ones they have, As you can see I am a die hard Klipsch fan if you take a look at my sig but unfortunately they don't really have any Klipsch headphones at best buy other than wired ones which i can't use because these would be primarily gym use. 

It was pretty much between the Bose, and Beat's and I thought the Bose took it especially with the noise cancelling. 

Agree

I bought a pair of these this May and really like them. I use them on my quarterly plane trips but all the time for yard work paired to my Droid phone streaming either TuneIn or Amazon just have to remember to turn off WiFi on the phone or wonder why I lose the connection :huh:. The noise cancelling is great with the lawn mower / weed eater but don't use them for hearing protection when shooting (that don't work, I know!) My daughter snags them all the time for use with her iPhone. Pricey and Bose but with the BB Bucks I would do it.

• Like 1

You're looking for gym headphones? Running or lifting? I will say if you need ANC Bose is absolutely the best in the business, and with the QC35 they don't even sound bad. Klipsch is dropping a new R6 Bluetooth model in the next month and it'll be available at Best Buy. I'd hold off to see if they're your cup of tea.