Heresy in Minneapolis with vintage audio equipment $525

Shaun K

Vintage Audio Equipment. I am the original owner. It was originally purchased in 1977 while I was in the Air Force. It has run well for close to 40 years. I was stationed in Shreveport, Louisiana, and actually went to Hope, Arkansas to pick up the Klipsch speakers. I purchased them unfinished. I put a nice stain on them, and then proceeded to put 20 coats of Formby's Tung Oil on them, using steel wool between coats. There are a lot of memories in these speakers and the system as a whole. The enclosures have some wear on them as they have seen many places.

CASH ONLY.

Items for sale include the following.

1 Pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers. Original purchase price of 650.00 in 1977 dollars.
Kenwood KA-7100 DC Integrated Amplifier
Kenwood KT-7300 AM-FM Stereo Tuner
Pioneer SG-9500 20 Band Graphic Equalizer

Wish I could pick these up but I just bought a car yesterday, so I'm kinda broke :(

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/ele/5799190174.html

00505_4DvuipjZEvq_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_fi7mEtqACak_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_e6b1WVM64l1_1200x900.jpg

00606_3YmU1JTd8YA_1200x900.jpg

01111_4GtlNnsz43K_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_JYIw0uySdH_1200x900.jpg

01010_fA83mRR1CAp_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_5vvBz0l8es6_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

You should really reach out to the person.....you could easily sell the components and almost have a free pair of nice Heresy's....

no kidding.  wow - all these places that are so far away from me :unsure:  oh well - I guess it keeps me from spending more.  possibly much more 

16 hours ago, onemoretime said:

Shaun, I'd almost make the drive just to get fish & chips at The Anchor. Hurts just to think about it...

I just moved here after living in Portland & Seattle the last 12 years, so there are plenty of places I wish I could go to out there too :lol:

4 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

I just moved here after living in Portland & Seattle the last 12 years, so there are plenty of places I wish I could go to out there too :lol:

I feel your pain Shaun....I moved to Indiana after living in the Seattle area for quite a long time.....Minneapolis is a good city though, and you've got the Boundary Waters and Quetico Provincial Park not too far north....absolutely stunning places, very worthwhile checking out.

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I feel your pain Shaun....I moved to Indiana after living in the Seattle area for quite a long time.....Minneapolis is a good city though, and you've got the Boundary Waters and Quetico Provincial Park not too far north....absolutely stunning places, very worthwhile checking out.

It does seem like a nice place so far, although I haven't been able to get out much to see it yet.  We're very excited to do some camping here, once we get our travel trailer back.  We're also only 9 hours from my inlaws cabin on a lake up in Manitoba (the main reason we moved out here).  Seems like a long drive but it's much better than the 3-4 day trip it used to be from Oregon.

I do miss the PNW but I still work for a Portland-based company, so I get to travel back there now and then.  Looking forward to being in Seattle and Portland next month!

Where did you live in Seattle?

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Actually lived closer to Olympia than Seattle.  Small, very rural town called Yelm.  Still own the house and property there.....

Did the guy ever get back to you about the components and speakers?

Funny, when I worked in Seattle I had a coworker who lived in Yelm, Joe Ellwood.

The guy never got back to me, but I'm going to look at another Heresy pair in raw birch tonight.

36 minutes ago, Weber said:

w = 81

Awesome, thanks.

I also need to see about refinishing these, especially the chips on the edges (he was a musician who traveled around the midwest in the 80's, so the cabinets have some wear).  Which is the better place to post questions, General Klipsch Info or Technical/Modifications?

24 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Tech/Mods

, lots of photos help

Yup, will be posting plenty of photos soon.  Other than a refinish I'm not sure what they need yet...crossover upgrade might be a good idea but I should just spend some time with them first.